User Info Menu

Pulled the trigger on a Cordoba C10 Crossover yesterday - it'll be here on the 4th or 5th of Jan. I've been playing a Cordoba GK Studio for a couple years and it's a nice guitar but I have absolutely no use for the electronics but I do love the neck. Since the Crossover has a 1-7/8" nut and slightly arched ebony fingerboard along with a full sized classical body, I figured that would be just right for me. I'll report when I get it. If the quality is anywhere as good as the GK, I'm sure I'll be happy with it. Anyone out there tried one yet?
    Last edited by Skip Ellis; 01-05-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Update

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I bought a standard C10 a few months back because I wanted to go deeply into Chord melody, brazilian guitar as well as trying my hand on some classical pieces. C10 is a great choice in that price range. Mine has a cedar top and sounds great with nice balance between highs and lows. Check out high tension strings i find it better for swing and be-bop stuffs. Enjoy.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Well, it finally got here in good shape - nobody packs as good as Sweetwater!! Beautiful guitar with absolutely no flaws that I can find. Comes with Savarez high tension strings - same as I use on my GK Studio. It was in tune right out of the box and the action is passable but I'll probably lower it slightly (or not). The amount of sound coming from the guitar is amazing and right up there with handbuilts that I've owned in the past. My only complaint is the strings are a little 'brassy' but I'm chalking that up to 'newness' and I'm sure they'll calm down with some playing time on them. All in all a very nice instrument - Cordoba has hit it out of the park twice in my experience. I'm very pleased. I ordered a copy of Scott Tennant's arrangement of "Wild Mountain Thyme" so I'll have something good to break it in with.
    NGD (Finally)-crossover-jpg

User Info Menu

Nice looking guitar, Skip. Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    Best regards, k

User Info Menu

I've had it with the pickups in my GK But there are still things I like about it. In general I don't like cutaway guitars. they just sound better without them.
    I've been wondering about the better Cordobas. Their guitars are well designed. QC is bad but that keeps the price down.
    I like the neck profile on the GK too.

User Info Menu

I think I've only plugged my GK in one time and thought the pickups adequate but I just don't need to play it amplified. I originally bought it because of the neck and I thought I needed a cutaway (which I didn't). The action on the Crossover is not quite as good as the GK but there' s plenty of saddle and nut to work with. QC on this one is quite good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol View Post
    I've had it with the pickups in my GK But there are still things I like about it. In general I don't like cutaway guitars. they just sound better without them.
    I've been wondering about the better Cordobas. Their guitars are well designed. QC is bad but that keeps the price down.
    I like the neck profile on the GK too.
    In general, cutaways make no difference in sound. That part of the top doesn't resonate very much at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ronjazz View Post
    In general, cutaways make no difference in sound. That part of the top doesn't resonate very much at all.
    Maybe it's just the way the guitar vibrates. IDK.