Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Famous song with sundry arrangements.

I really like this arrangement though.

Who did it so that I can go buy or download if it is public domain?

Thanks in advance. Hoping some of you guru's know who it is and what arrangement.
    I used to play music for a living. Now I devote my life to jazz.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OPherman47 View Post
    Famous song with sundry arrangements.

I really like this arrangement though.

Who did it so that I can go buy or download if it is public domain?

Thanks in advance. Hoping some of you guru's know who it is and what arrangement.
    Yes, quite beautiful. Is that you playing?

User Info Menu

It is not... and it is not an arrangement of the tune i have heard anywhere else... so trying to find who did that arrangement
    I used to play music for a living. Now I devote my life to jazz.

User Info Menu

Nice whoever played it. Gtr. a bit steely sounding but cool...

User Info Menu

A decent arrangement. Here is an arrangement by Paulo Bellinati for which the sheet music can be easily found: (skip to 17:00)

https://www.amazon.com/Antonio-Carlo...assical+guitar

User Info Menu

There's a great arrangement by Rafael Rabello available in a Brazilian book, but I can't find the title.
    This one here is a little frantic, but appears very playable.

User Info Menu

This is one I also like by Marco Pereira below ( the 2nd half is luiza ), but you can't wrong with Bellinati either. I have both transcriptions. Pereira's is available from Brazil on his site and bellinati's from Amazon or anywhere as Guitarzen pointed out.

User Info Menu

Hi guys,
    This is my arrangement for this song that I had shared in the Chord Melody section in this Forum. It'san arrangement written for study, not for stage performance. I'd love to know your opinion about it.

If you don't like the learning process you probably know less than you could.
    Learning Brazilian Guitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcandro View Post
    Hi guys,
    This is my arrangement for this song that I had shared in the Chord Melody section in this Forum. It'san arrangement written for study, not for stage performance. I'd love to know your opinion about it.

Hate to break the news to you, but that was absolutely beautiful! Bravo!

Not sure why one could not play this in performance. You certainly did a great job. I'm sure you've answered this question before, but could you kindly put up your chain from the guitar to computer and video. I ask because the tone is quite lovely and I would like to know the make of your instrument.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Hate to break the news to you, but that was absolutely beautiful! Bravo!

Not sure why one could not play this in performance. You certainly did a great job. I'm sure you've answered this question before, but could you kindly put up your chain from the guitar to computer and video. I ask because the tone is quite lovely and I would like to know the make of your instrument.
    Hi Veritas, thank you for the kind words.

Regarding what I said about this arrangement was not written for stage performance, I meant that if that were the case, I would probably explore more of the melody in the arrangement to create an interlude or a contrasting part in order to get a more interesting result. But that does not mean it can't be used in a playlist. All this because I have written a lot of this kind of arrangement for teaching purposes to members of my website and not thinking about stage performance. Does it make any sense?

I'm using a C02 Samson mic through a Duo-Capture Roland interface. The mic is placed about three feet away from the guitar pointing to the 12th fret, more or less. I process the audio using a parametric eq inside Sonar audio software. Mainly cutting low frequencies below 80Hz, and cutting a boring and inconvenient resonant frequency about 120hz using a peak filter.

For the video recording I use a simple JVC camcorder and two softboxes for lighting.

The guitar is a NCX900R by Yamaha. It doesn't have a good volume, but the tone is sweet.
    If you don't like the learning process you probably know less than you could.
    Learning Brazilian Guitar

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick reply which does in fact make sense. You have captured the beauty of the melody and harmony. And I appreciate your comments about your signal chain. Always interesting to learn about the technical data, though the soul of the music lies in the creator and the interpreter.