Jazz Guitar
+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

Video Cross-over composition with special legato-techniques etc.

Hi!

Here is my composition where I use different techniques including left handed hammer-ons etc.
    Also style of this piece is hard to describe, but it has influences of jazz, classical maybe flamenco...

I hope you like it!

Kindest, Mikko

2. # ADS
    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I like !
    virtuoso technique !
    HB

Loved it. Wow.

Yes that is really nice. It reminds me of some things I've heard by the LAGQ.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop View Post
    Yes that is really nice. It reminds me of some things I've heard by the LAGQ.
    Thanks!

I had never heard LAGQ before. So went searching right away.
    Really enjoyable music!

Cheers!

Wow.
    Very nice composition and playing.

I like how it is very happy and uplifting and then gets mischievious but still playful even when it tries to become dark ...it does not.

There's some nice memorable themes too and I like the deceptive cadence ending.

I think you have a gift for writing or at least a lot of talent for writing ..nice modern voicings too !

The best thing about this is it seems to have a life of it's own...it's a Song !

Congrats.

Hi Mikko,

What a very cool piece of music you've composed!

I knew as soon as I heard it that I was going to remember it because the melodies and chords are so unique.

Reminds me of some of the pieces that Andrew York of the LAGQ has written.

I hear real talent in your playing and composing abilities. I hope you are playing out at restaurants and clubs in your area so people can get to hear everything that you have to offer!

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Learn To Play Chord Melody Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by Robertkoa View Post
    Wow.
    Very nice composition and playing.

I like how it is very happy and uplifting and then gets mischievious but still playful even when it tries to become dark ...it does not.

There's some nice memorable themes too and I like the deceptive cadence ending.

I think you have a gift for writing or at least a lot of talent for writing ..nice modern voicings too !

The best thing about this is it seems to have a life of it's own...it's a Song !

Congrats.
    Thank you a lot! I'm happy that this song reached you this way.

Although it had a lot of technical aspects involved when composing, I still used visualization in process. Meaning that I tried to imagine story that fits to it while composing and using this story to help the song to come complete.

Best regards, Mikko

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Herron View Post
    Hi Mikko,

What a very cool piece of music you've composed!

I knew as soon as I heard it that I was going to remember it because the melodies and chords are so unique.

Reminds me of some of the pieces that Andrew York of the LAGQ has written.

I hear real talent in your playing and composing abilities. I hope you are playing out at restaurants and clubs in your area so people can get to hear everything that you have to offer!

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Learn To Play Chord Melody Guitar
    Thank you a lot! I'm happy that this little composition is still alive here.

About restaurants gigs, yes I have played some but they are so difficult to get that sometimes I have given up to even try to ask gigs here in Finland.

best regards, Mikko

Simply superb!
    I adore the entire piece, such soulful playing.
    Please post more

Quote Originally Posted by Feste View Post
    Simply superb!
    I adore the entire piece, such soulful playing.
    Please post more
    Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

I'll try to post every now and then. I'm currently composing songs for couple of projects and there will be tabs/notations available for these songs. Best way to follow my music is from my Youtube channel and on instagram also (Mikko Karhula).

I'm just making new song "Jidai" and some people have asked me to make transcription on it in Instagram.

Kindest, Mikko

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed