Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Hey all, I want to look into getting one of those classical guitar stands that holds the guitar in classical position but where your foot is not raised. It is basically just a little prop the goes from your thigh to the guitar. David Leisner uses them and is using it in this video
    . But I don't know the name of it and haven't been able to look it up. Thanks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I searched Amazon and found one called the Neck-Up. I also like the Dynarette. Google is your friend.
    Find your voice, and tell a story!

Circle 'Round the Sun

Nice work, your google skills are superior. Unfortunately the ones I have seen and am interested in are slightly different like the one in the video. I will keep browsing. Thanks a lot though, I appreciate the time!

User Info Menu

Check this out:
    Guitar Salon International - Fine Classical Guitars and Flamenco Guitars - Aria Guitar Rest (Black)
    although I think the one Leisner is using has a longer support than this one. I have a very similar one but don't remember the name.
    Brad
    Guitars:
    1975 Guild Artist Award
    1986 Guild X-170
    1975 Guild Mark V
    1930s Metro B archtop
    1995 Epi Howard Roberts Custom
    1999 Godin ACS Nylon with synth
    ??? Giannini 7 string classical

User Info Menu

There is one called The A-Frame...

User Info Menu

i have both of those. i think the neck up would be more effective than the pillow thing. but i use the foot stool still

User Info Menu

This gadget does the job well...

Gewa ERGOPLAY Profesional « Apoyo para guitarra
    Spiderman needs no fancy suit or gadgets plus he's a jazz guitar fan

It seems guitar rest is the proper name. When I was a violin student, the violins all had a shoulder rest to keep the violin held firmly between the head and shoulder. This seems to be a similar device.

User Info Menu

I tried to play classical guitar, the shape for me and I'm guessing for others is awful, I tried the A frame and pillow and nothing but back problems for me, the footstool is the worst. I don't like playing flattops, but many of them and most archtops, which I love are comfortable. Why don't they make a larger classical? I love the sound of them.

User Info Menu

I just purchased a Dynarette from Amazon and I'll say I'm really pleased with it. It is very comfortable and allows for much more healthy posture while playing sitting down. I won't be using it all the time, or on gigs, but I will definitely be using it for my (too infrequent) extended practice sittings.
    Find your voice, and tell a story!

Circle 'Round the Sun