The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 39 of 39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mattymel
    ...it is to LAUGH.

not to get on his case, this is the same guy that thinks swing is a "triplet feel".

i guess im not surprised as ive never heard anybody play a classical and REALLY swing (at least by my definition...Wes or George Benson). not even guys that play WAY better than this one does.

fast doesnt mean "swinging", and tone shouldnt be a compromise as it is here.

...the "world" REALLY IS a small place sometimes.
    Some of those lines are very rushed, the beat gets turned around frequently.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

‪Kanaal van Eqwian‬‏ - YouTube

video responses of jazz guitarists fingerstyle please!

Thanks

Hey Mattymel swing is not a triplet feel! and m78w Raphael Rabello is a great guitar player but he doesn't play jazz

that's one of the challenges of playing jazz, is to turn the beat around and always keeping the one

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Giovan
    that's one of the challenges of playing jazz, is to turn the beat around and always keeping the one
    As I mentioned in the other thread:

Actually the challenge is to not turn the beat around. What I meant is that if you have a metronome clicking on 2 and 4 you want to avoid flipping it around so that it becomes on 1 and 3 instead. The same thing would apply without a metronome, even if you play solo or in a group.

User Info Menu

This guy isn't too shabby:

User Info Menu

[quote=Soco;163113]This guy isn't too shabby:

Nope, he's not too shabby at all!

User Info Menu

I am glad I found him and his music years ago. He is a must listen !
    Dennis

User Info Menu

I second that Dennis, Ralph is an amazing talent.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    I am glad I found him and his music years ago. He is a must listen !
    Dennis
    No problem. Ralph Towner is a very deep player and composer. Very unique and beautiful.

User Info Menu

its ralph towner and wolfgang muthspiel for me all the way. Im slightly obsessed with both of them at the moment. Im giving the mgt album some heavy rotation and also wolfgangs solo album and towners ana album.
    magnificent!!!

User Info Menu

This section of the forum is called "Classical Guitar" so I think it is pretty OK to talk about non-jazz guitarists

User Info Menu

I have always being pretty much in awe listening to Lenny Breau playing Jazz on a classical guitar. It is very nice that now several videos in you tube are coming out so that one can see him playing and learn quite a lot from just watching.

Recently, I saw Yamandu Costa playing a Jazz standard on a 7-string nylon and it was amazing. To those who are not aware of him yet, I am posting this link of him playing a "choro":

Best, P.