The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

I usually learn songs by ear or just look at chords but i need to learn how to read the music. i can read music i have just never really tried.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS
    I usually learn songs by ear or just look at chords but i need to learn how to read the music. i can read music i have just never really tried.
    So what exactly is it that you're asking/looking for

haha sorry.. sheet music

User Info Menu

You can buy it in the Real Book, available at Amazon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jseaberry
    You can buy it in the Real Book, available at Amazon.
    Which one would that be?

User Info Menu

im not tryna pay for anything lol

User Info Menu

Capitalism crumbles as we watch...

User Info Menu

I guess you don't see that is part of the problem; there are some people who want everyone else to do the work for them, don't want to invest the time or money, but just want results, gimme, gimme, gimme; offer nothing, contribute nothing, look for shortcuts, want others to work for them at their own expense.... I hope I'm not describing anyone here, just some abstraction.

ok sorry. i dont know you, but all im asking for is sheet music. im 100% sure you can find sheet music online for free, if you can download music online for free. i havent found these websites and I don't know what these websites are. please don't tell me I don't want to invest time, because thats not true. i could make these ridiculous assumptions about you because im sure you download music too. youre a lazy person who wants everyone else to do everything for you and you dont want to work you just want results...

wes montgomery learned jazz guitar in 6 months, it took other years. did wes take shortcuts and was he lazy? no he found a more expedient way to get the results he wants.

User Info Menu

All you are asking for is sheet music.....let me know when you go into a grocery store and ask for free groceries. I'd like to hear how that goes. Red Clay is Freddie Hubbard's property. His estate has it available for sale. If you want it for free, without the slightest bit of graciousness in your request, and at someone else's expense in either time or money to find it for you, I would consider that more than slightly rude and inappropriate. And no, I don't download music for free unless it is offered to me by someone who has the authority to offer it, or I pay for it. That goes for sheet music too. Many people transcribe the works of others, and offer it to me. I graciously accept as it is their work to offer. I would never demand that somebody just "give me, give me, give me".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS
    im 100% sure you can find sheet music online for free, if you can download music online for free. .
    absolutley you can, they're called illegal sites.

buy the record and listen to it and transcribe it, or pony up for a real book. You're gonna want one anyway if you plan on playing jazz.

User Info Menu

Once again, Mr. Beaumont is as perceptive as can be.

ok sorry i dont know how things work around here. correct me if im wrong but i dont think i ever said "give me". never made any "demands"... just hook a brother up!!! no one buys music anymore you can find vinyl records ONLINE in mp3 form, you wont find regularly at your local record store.

its just that whenever i ask about something here i get a link to a website to pay for some product.

thank you though

User Info Menu

Deep breath, we're all pals; it just seems that there is no other way to interpret your original post other than the way we read it. It is just a sore spot to me as I have copyrighted music, but I freely let people use it, but that's MY choice. For others, like Freddie Hubbard, that's bread on their table. If their choice is to sell their work, that is their choice. But because I don't like acrimony, ruffled feathers, or twisted knickers, I did do some searching for you. I cannot find it available for free from any legitimate source, but if you don't want to buy the whole Real Book, here:

Freddie Hubbard Red Clay Sheet Music Digital Download

thanks so much. ill probably check out the other songs and order online when i get the chance.

sorry about this.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm sorry this got blown up too. It looks like a pretty good score; they have some interesting things there. I've bought some before.