The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

Hi, all!

I'm happy to get an answer exactly 1 year after my quiery. You can see the dates my last post was writen and pauljoeys answer.

Thanks anyway. By now I have BIAB and maybe afterwards I will think of buying it. You know, in one year many things happened and learned more other things.

Take care!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow! I didn't even check the date. Well, it was the intent that mattered...LOL

User Info Menu

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a jazz guitarist trying to compliment a trio consisting of guitar, bass, and sax. I'm feeling a little challenged since when I improvise there is no harmony to fall back on. Any suggestions?

Jeff

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard! I played for 3 years in that exact type of trio. When I started I struggled, but by the end my time, harmony and feel had greatly improved.

Try comping for yourself, like a piano would. Play a bar or two of single notes, then comp a bar or two of chords. This will help break up your ideas and give you time to think, hear, the next line. Then you can get into longer sections of lines, or chords, later on in the solo. Or you could just combine the chords/lines the whole time like Jim Hall, Ed Bickert or Lenny Breau would.

MW