The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

I don't create quite as many brand new guitar arrangements as I used to (or rather I do create new arrangements, I just don't create as many new videos) but once in a while I remind myself that it's still fun. Check out my brand new arrangement of Soulful Strut, recorded yesterday.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wonderful!

User Info Menu

nice, our organ trio's been playing this one recently

User Info Menu

Well played! That tune is such a laid back and relaxing jam. A favorite oldie of mine. Like something you could play for a couple hours during the course of a mellow day.

User Info Menu

Great tune and a really nice version. We've just been listening to this lately. Odd coincidence.

User Info Menu

Terrific feel, Jake.

User Info Menu

Such a nice groove going on there. Bravo.
    Also a very very nice natural sound coming from your hands.
    I read somewhere that you use Boss Katana 50.
    May I ask if you record direct and if not, would you share info?
    TIA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Uffe Steen
    Such a nice groove going on there. Bravo.
    Also a very very nice natural sound coming from your hands.
    I read somewhere that you use Boss Katana 50.
    May I ask if you record direct and if not, would you share info?
    TIA
    Thanks very much!! :-) On my gigs I use a Katana 100 but in these videos I simply plug in direct to the computer, or rather to an audio interface. I actually have two pickups, the regular magnetic with the tone all the way down and I also take a signal from a piezzo I have in the bridge and blend it in like just 1% to add a little "acoustic" sparkle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Reichbart
    Thanks very much!! :-) On my gigs I use a Katana 100 but in these videos I simply plug in direct to the computer, or rather to an audio interface. I actually have two pickups, the regular magnetic with the tone all the way down and I also take a signal from a piezzo I have in the bridge and blend it in like just 1% to add a little "acoustic" sparkle.
    Hi Jake
    Thanks for info. Yes that little sparkle sounds very natural.
    I have surrendered to direct recording too, due to terrible bass reflections in my room,
    and try in every possible way still make it sound like its from a real mike infront of me.
    I use Katana 50 for it.
    Last edited by Uffe Steen; 05-27-2023 at 10:52 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ronjazz
    Wonderful!
    Thanks! :-)

User Info Menu

Nicely done Jake. Thanks for posting.

Tony D.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    Well played! That tune is such a laid back and relaxing jam. A favorite oldie of mine. Like something you could play for a couple hours during the course of a mellow day.
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Reichbart
    Thanks!
    Very nice take of this well titled song. When I first saw this I thought: Is Jake really going to do this funky song as solo guitar?

Yea you did, and I can hear all of the elements of the song; the funk, the strut, the sweet melody, the backbeat etc...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    Great tune and a really nice version. We've just been listening to this lately. Odd coincidence.
    Appreciate it!

User Info Menu

My most recent solo guitar arrangement on YouTube as a request from a Patreon supporter... Song For My Father. Hope you like it!