The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Apologies, thought that I had posted this already.

I don't know this one very well but it's a popular tune so hopefully we'll get good participation again.

Some thoughts;

* Play an intro
    * Vary the sections
    * Play in time
    * Get a good sound
    * Encourage each other

Ok, let's go

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I add « well »cause it can be played with negative harmony ( it becomes :all the things you are not )

User Info Menu

In negative harmony all the things you are NOT

Short Facts about negative Harmony, harmonic concept by Ernst Levy

User Info Menu

Very interesting Emil. The results sound good!

I first heard about negative harmony from Jacob Collier who also references the Levy book.

How did you first hear about it?

User Info Menu

I think 5 years ago maybe

User Info Menu

From this morning's practice:

EDIT: I just read through the thread and discovered my error. I didn’t play “in time”, as requested. I’ll work up a take in tempo when I have a chance. Sorry - I should have reread it before posting. I was playing with harmony this morning and used ATTYA as a frame. When I listened to it, I remembered this thread.
    Last edited by nevershouldhavesoldit; 02-07-2023 at 02:48 PM.

User Info Menu

I just added a push-pull switched volume pot to my Ibanez AF207, so I could split the coils on the Benedetto B7 I installed last year. To test it, I laid down a track of ATTYA in tempo -

User Info Menu

Here is a quick take I pulled together. I feel that this song will forever be a work in progress. Here is where I am today.

User Info Menu

Hi all. Thanks for participating this month.

Unfortunately I fell behind as we converted the attic so spend a lot of time with the builders, shopping and now painting ( almost all of the house ) etc.

I won't have time to participate this month either due to other jobs apart from the above ( power washing the front and rear, painting the outside of the music room etc ).

Would some one else like to start the March thread or will I start it and you guys can work away?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    Would some one else like to start the March thread or will I start it and you guys can work away?
    How about Body & Soul? It’s a beautiful piece that seems to lend itself to any solo style. If you like it, I’m happy to start the new thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    How about Body & Soul? It’s a beautiful piece that seems to lend itself to any solo style. If you like it, I’m happy to start the new thread.
    Lovely tune. Feel free to work away and I'll jump back in when I can. Thank you

User Info Menu

Best of luck with the renovations!