The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

The Garrison Fewell intro. I’ll have to take a look at that book. Sorry for the typo. I was using my phone to post earlier.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mike_k
    The Garrison Fewell intro. I’ll have to take a look at that book. Sorry for the typo. I was using my phone to post earlier.
    Cool. Also check out Ged Brockie's Upper Structures, Synonyms & Slash Voicings for Jazz Guitar.

I'm also applying that to solo guitar.

Of course it takes hours upon hours but they're all happy hours.

User Info Menu

Lots of nice versions of the song everybody!
    Autumn leaves is a song that fits many kinds of tempos and feels and it's interesting to listen to all your recordings with different sounds.

As this is a song that often finds its way into my solo gigs i threw together a quick recording myself with my tele.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickWD
    Lots of nice versions of the song everybody!
    Autumn leaves is a song that fits many kinds of tempos and feels and it's interesting to listen to all your recordings with different sounds.

As this is a song that often finds its way into my solo gigs i threw together a quick recording myself with my tele.

Very nice Patrick. Nice intro too.
    How often do you play solo gigs?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    Very nice Patrick. Nice intro too.
    How often do you play solo gigs?

Thank you!
    Not very often. I mostly play duo and trio gigs, but every now and then i do a solo gig.

User Info Menu

As January draws to a close there are a number of points that we can take away from this months posts

These include;

* Play an intro
    * Get the best tone you can
    * Vary each chorus
    * Engage more in a friendly way on other people's posts

Would anyone like to add any more ?

Also any tune suggestions for February otherwise it might be ATTYA just because people know it so hopefully it will get good engagement.

Thanks to all that have posted this month

User Info Menu

Really nice thread, Liarspoker!
    Its intresting and inspiring to hear all these different version of the tune!
    I know im a little late but hey, its still January so i’d like to contribute too
    here’s my take

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AntonK
    Really nice thread, Liarspoker!
    Its intresting and inspiring to hear all these different version of the tune!
    I know im a little late but hey, its still January so i’d like to contribute too
    here’s my take
    Very lovely playing AntonK!

How did you evolve this approach?

For me personally I'd like to hear a tighter delay but your sound is rather nice too.

Well done

If anyone sees this thread and wants to contribute even though January has passed please feel free to do so. The more the merrier.

User Info Menu

Thank you! I do think you make a valid point about the delay, it feels good when playing, but listening back now after your comment i kinda agree!

lookin forward to the February-thread, this is a awesome initiative!