The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This composition is based on the harmonic conceptions of JAVIER ARAU : "Augmented scales theory and three and four tonic systems"

Augmented Scale Theory — Javier Arau

you can like or hate,it's up to you!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emilP
    you can like or hate,it's up to you!
    It sounds like more or less like the not-really-random doodlings I pull from my guitars when I just want to listen to them without burdening my system with the effort of playing an actual piece ... is that liking or hating?

EDIT: and I've heard worse in terms of dodecacaphony

User Info Menu

I found it mesmerising. You caught me at just the right time of day - late afternoon - and in the right mood. I was imagining it as a film score: a lone woman walking through snow, to nowhere in particular, lost in thought.

I thought I’d get tired of the relentless five or six-note phrases, never really changing in their length, but that somehow helped me to remain transfixed, once I gave up waiting for something else to happen.

So, intriguing, Emil. Keep it up!

It sounds like more or less like the not-really-random doodlings I pull from my guitars when I just want to listen to them without burdening my system with the effort of playing an actual piece .
    Well,your random doodlings are maybe following the Javier ARAU Theory, RJVB,comme Monsieur Jourdain faisait de la prose sans le savoir..

and I've heard worse in terms of dodecacaphony
    Well done !! dode -caca-phony
    In reality,it's a hexaphonic theory,based on the augmented scale,with 3 and 4 tonic systems; not dodecaphonic at all.
    cheers
    Emil

I found it mesmerising.
    I think the Javier Arau theory has something really mesmerising,Rob
    You should have an eye on,cause I know that somewhere,you're a music researcher
    cheers
    Emil

User Info Menu

Well,your random doodlings are maybe following the Javier ARAU Theory, RJVB,comme Monsieur Jourdain faisait de la prose sans le savoir..
    My thoughts exactly. Or almost ... I rather have an image of the legion of monkeys typing out Shakespeare's collected works (and yes, talking about myself ... I like that feeling of not being alone)

Well done !! dode -caca-phony
    Hah, apologies, I see now that the official spelling would be dodecacophony, oops

I rather have an image of the legion of monkeys typing out Shakespeare's collected works
    Dodecahedron-apes-jpg

I could'nt resist: the living room wallpaper of my 2nd son

User Info Menu

I could'nt resist: the living room wallpaper of my 2nd son
    His living room?

I lived in a 1-room flat for almost 17y that had a safari print on the wall, but in very faint cream/orange shades. And it was a furnished rental ... pretty sure I'd have had to chose between moving or changing partners if it had had a wallpaper as dark as the one above (regardless of the print btw).