The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

I hope you like this arrangement I made a few months ago.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So, Cesar . . .
    I'm going to go out on a limb because I've spent most of my life there and I like the fresh air. This is a Jazz guitar forum and there are literally thousands of "guitarists" around the world who visit this site daily. It is dedicated to Jazz guitar and its players. My personal belief is that you are a very creative person and have been writing some interesting arrangements of Jazz classics. However, there's only one person so far(me) that "likes" your recent effort and only 60 plus viewers? And, I'm the first one to respond to your musical offering? Perhaps someone else can explain why there are not more viewers/respondents to your post when there's so much really horrible music on this Forum that gets positive responses.
    Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    So, Cesar . . .
    I'm going to go out on a limb because I've spent most of my life there and I like the fresh air. This is a Jazz guitar forum and there are literally thousands of "guitarists" around the world who visit this site daily. It is dedicated to Jazz guitar and its players. My personal belief is that you are a very creative person and have been writing some interesting arrangements of Jazz classics. However, there's only one person so far(me) that "likes" your recent effort and only 60 plus viewers? And, I'm the first one to respond to your musical offering? Perhaps someone else can explain why there are not more viewers/respondents to your post when there's so much really horrible music on this Forum that gets positive responses.
    Marinero
    Perhaps it is a reflection of a cultural tendency to pull for the underdog. [Was it just my dad who would remain silent regarding my stellar play but cheer on the kid who tried really hard, but lacked significant talent? We never talked about it but he knew that I understood what he was doing.]

AKA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    Perhaps it is a reflection of a cultural tendency to pull for the underdog. [Was it just my dad who would remain silent regarding my stellar play but cheer on the kid who tried really hard, but lacked significant talent? We never talked about it but he knew that I understood what he was doing.]

AKA
    Hi, A,
    I think you're being generous in this case. Doesn't everyone like to know when they do well? And, with so few perks for talented people in the Arts today, I think it's nice for a creator to hear when others appreciate their hard work and talent. And, A, on another level, it's why so many talented musicians, artists, and writers retooled into other arenas and left the Arts with so little financial reward and such poor remuneration. I hope Cesar understands my comments are not to detract from his excellent post but rather the opposite. Oh, well . . . another day . . . another story.
    Marinero

User Info Menu

So, Cesar . . .
    Marinero
    Thanks Marinero for your compliments. You are very kind. I don't know if they are deserved, I hope so, hahaha. Regarding the number of responses or viewers, it is not something that worries me. I am not a professional musician, I only play at home and my vanity is covered with the likes that I may receive, many or few.
    Last edited by cesarguit; 11-20-2022 at 05:52 AM.

User Info Menu

Really nice. I love this tune, and have never heard a guitarist play it. The voicings you've come up with are gorgeous. Well done!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cesarguit
    Thanks Marinero for your compliments. You are very kind. I don't know if they are deserved, I hope so, hahaha. Regarding the number of responses or viewers, it is not something that worries me. I am not a professional musician, I only play at home and my vanity is covered with the likes that I may receive, many or few.
    Hi, C,
    I've always believed that people create in the Arts because it gives them immense pleasure and they want to share their vision of life with others of their temperament. When we speak through an instrument, we are speaking to others in the most intimate way . . . a direct communication of one soul to another. Many people play an instrument, paint, or write and never say anything profound for their entire lives. Yet, they continue to search for the Holy Grail because of the immense pleasure it gives them. However, if you do find your voice, it should be shared with others whether on the vast ocean of Youtube or, for me, performing live.
    And, writing arrangements is more than a physical act since it requires a voice, an idea, and ,then, executed through music. It's not about the memorization of modes, scales, chords, inversions, etc. . . it's about your voice. If you don't have one . . . it won't happen. Kudos.
    Marinero

User Info Menu

Hi, C,
    I've always believed that people create in the Arts because it gives them immense pleasure and they want to share their vision of life with others of their temperament. When we speak through an instrument, we are speaking to others in the most intimate way . . . a direct communication of one soul to another. Many people play an instrument, paint, or write and never say anything profound for their entire lives. Yet, they continue to search for the Holy Grail because of the immense pleasure it gives them. However, if you do find your voice, it should be shared with others whether on the vast ocean of Youtube or, for me, performing live.
    And, writing arrangements is more than a physical act since it requires a voice, an idea, and ,then, executed through music. It's not about the memorization of modes, scales, chords, inversions, etc. . . it's about your voice. If you don't have one . . . it won't happen. Kudos.
    Marinero
    You are very right M. I have been playing the guitar for many years, although not professionally, because of the immense pleasure it gives me, not only playing but researching and finding new things. We all like to be recognized for our effort or work, but it is also true that we cannot base our happiness only on the recognition we can receive, since we would end up doing only what satisfies others and not us.
    P.D: English is not my native language, I hope you understand me well (with the help of google translator... hahaha...)

User Info Menu

Wow, Cesarguit. That was beautiful. Thank you for posting that, more please!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1234
    Wow, Cesarguit. That was beautiful. Thank you for posting that, more please!
    Thanks Simon.

User Info Menu

Very beautiful, Cesar, kudos!