The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Breezin’, by George Benson, originally recorded by Gabor Szabo and, in fact, written by Bobby Womack. I didn’t always like this tune, at the time I was exposed to it, right around 82’, I was listening heavily to Allan Holdsworth’s IOU album. I mean, on one side you have Breezin’ and on the other you have Shallow Sea, not quite the same thing… And yet, over time, I have learned to appreciate the spirit of Breezin’ and find its soulful subtleties and I enjoy performing it on gigs, I hope you enjoy this video as well. Thanks for listening, Jake

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So smooth and groovin´all through the tune, and great solo.
    Love it, Jake

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Uffe Steen
    So smooth and groovin´all through the tune, and great solo.
    Love it, Jake
    Thanks very much, Uffe! :-)

User Info Menu

Sweet and swingin'! Just upbeat in every sense, and thoroughly enjoyable! Thanks Jake!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Sweet and swingin'! Just upbeat in every sense, and thoroughly enjoyable! Thanks Jake!
    Much appreciated! :-)

User Info Menu

Jake that was really special.
    You are a tremendous talent. When I watch this video I can’t help but look behind you or to your sides to look for Harvey Mason, Jorge Dalto and Ralph McDonald. And Oh yeah, I forgot - Phil Upchurch! But it’s just you. Making it happen.
    Incredible Jake. Just incredible.
    Joe DeNisco
    Last edited by Max405; 06-17-2022 at 12:53 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Jake that was really special.
    You are a tremendous talent. When I watch this video I can’t help but look behind you or to your sides to look for Harvey Mason, Jorge Dalto and Ralph McDonald. And Oh yeah, I forgot - Phil Upchurch! But it’s just you. Making it happen.
    Incredible Jake. Just incredible.
    Joe DeNisco
    Really appreciate the kind words :-)