Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

My arrangement of the Beatle's classic, "Michelle" on acoustic guitar

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice use of harmonics and low D tuning.

User Info Menu

Thank you! It is standard tuning and not low D.

--Charley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by charleyrich99
    Thank you! It is standard tuning and not low D.

--Charley
    What key did you play it in?

User Info Menu

I played it in E major so I could use the sustain of the open 6th string.

Regards,

Charley

User Info Menu

I love it. A very musical arrangement and you played it with a really lovely feel for the time and musicality that makes this a classic. Thank you for that!

User Info Menu

Tasty !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    I love it. A very musical arrangement and you played it with a really lovely feel for the time and musicality that makes this a classic. Thank you for that!
    Thank you for the kind words!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    What key did you play it in?
    Oh, good idea. The Beatles key is D, so when I kept hearing those low tonic bass notes, I thought, "He must have a low D in there."
    I've been playing it in D forever- time to change to E! Probably helps out with that flurry of harmonics in the bridge, too.

User Info Menu

Oh, good idea. The Beatle's key is D, so when I kept hearing those low tonic bass notes, I thought, "He must have a low D in there."
    I've been playing it in D forever- time to change to E! Probably helps out with that flurry of harmonics in the bridge, too.
    Yeah, I often change keys when making guitar arrangements to leverage open strings. By letting the open string ring it gives me time to get to the next chord and allows me to be a bit more fluid. I posted another arrangement of a Beatles tune, "in My Life" earlier in this sub-forum.

--Charley

User Info Menu

Oh, good idea. The Beatles key is D, so when I kept hearing those low tonic bass notes, I thought, "He must have a low D in there."
    According to the Beatles book I have (The Complete Beatles), Michelle is in F. Anyhow that is how I play it and realized that Charley was playing the song in E since he ended that first part with a B while I use a C (based on the transcription in the book).

Note that The Complete Beatles has almost every song The Beatles ever recorded (not just written) and the transcriptions are taken from actual recordings. E.g. both versions of Revolution are in the book. Great book expect that it is very difficult to read since the font size is small and it is over 1,000 pages.

User Info Menu

I have it too. Great content, but you need a magnifying glass to read it...