The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Hello dear friends
    This is my arrangement on Hallelujah. One of my favorite songs of Leonard Cohen.
    Hope you like

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very nice - one suggestion- I'm only casually aware of the song, having heard a solo singer/guitarist do it for a bunch of 'old hippies', and I saw how some people in the audience - but certainly not all - regard the song as a hymn, one lady actually sung the choruses.
    For the average listener, if they've ever heard the song at all, the part that they remember is the chorus. The rest of it, without the lyrics, is pretty non-descript.
    So if you're going to perform it for the general public, you might try to simplify and really emphasize the chorus part to make it stand out, where the audience realizes 'this must be a chorus', and a few of them might then think- "ooh, he's playing that hallelujah song, I heard that a few yrs ago by a folkie at a wine bar"

Thanks for the comment my friend
    You are right. Sometimes less is more. At the second part of the song I really wanted to “play” with the basic chords, as it is just a C major harmony. The perfect era for fretboard exploration

User Info Menu

Very very beautiful,my friend !

User Info Menu

sounds good. nice work.

(the jeff buckley cover of this song is one of the cover with voice I like a lot)

User Info Menu

love the way you played the chorus.

User Info Menu

Really like it. It’s hard to play a song that is so simple and make it interesting. There are a lot of nice touches there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jkstigma
    At the second part of the song I really wanted to “play” with the basic chords, as it is just a C major harmony.
    The second part it goes like this: the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift, or it is something else, not Hallelujah Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by emilP
    Very very beautiful,my friend !
    thanks dear friend

Quote Originally Posted by docsteve
    The second part it goes like this: the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift, or it is something else, not Hallelujah Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)
    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    that”s why I decide to have some improvisation over the chords.
    If you hear the lyrics it says ...the fourth (F chord) the fifth (G chord) the minor fall (and there is the Am) etc.

Cohen is inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Really like it. It’s hard to play a song that is so simple and make it interesting. There are a lot of nice touches there.
    thanks Jeff
    i think we just have to play what we really love and we have to give time.
    As I’m getting older I realize how difficult is to write such a beautiful and simple song as Hallelujah

very nice, well done!