The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi all! Around this time last year I posted about a study group on Tim Lerchs Truefire course Harmonic improvement. It was pretty hard and it took longer than I thought. It took about a year and in the end we were only two people hangin in there . I am though glad that it's finished and I would like to continue the study group by applying the things I have learnt this year and each month make solo arrangements of tunes. It's a Facebook based study group and it works in a pretty simple way. I will make a new topic each month and in the comments section below it I and anyone wanting to participate can post videos of there playing. Facebook works great for this as it keeps the posts and comments quite organized.

This can be straight up solo guitar arrangements, your own or someone elses, jazz or whatever. It can also be improvised solo guitar, playing with a looper pedal or accompanying yourself or a soloist. Everyone can participate as much as they like or have time to but my own goal is to have at least one video up every month. If you find this interesting please join! Here is a link to the study group: You’re Temporarily Blocked

Edit: The group is called Solo guitar study group and it can be found by searching for it on Facebook. Ted Greene is in the group picture. Hope to see some of you there!
    Last edited by Desm0nd; 01-09-2022 at 04:05 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Why not do it here? I, for one, don’t use Facebook. Surely I’m not the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    Why not do it here? I, for one, don’t use Facebook. Surely I’m not the only one.
    I guess that is a valid question. I already have the study group running on facebook filled with stuff I and others have already posted and that platform is pretty good for this kind of thing. As I wrote, facebook groups are quite good for organizing this kind of content. And, for the sake of the argument, not everyone uses this forum eather.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Desm0nd
    And, for the sake of the argument, not everyone uses this forum eather.
    Well, sure. But you’re posting it here. It seem logical that everyone who sees this thread uses this forum. Regardless, those are good reasons to host it there. Good luck with your study group!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Facebook sucks, do it here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Desm0nd
    Edit: The group is called Solo guitar study group and it can be found by searching for it on Facebook. Ted Greene is in the group picture. Hope to see some of you there!
    Thx, I’ll have a look. Been meaning to devote some time to solo concepts. If Jack Zucker over at MJG&B is to be believed, it’s actually this place that sucks LOL. There is always the danger of the florid, long winded verbiage and endless pontification from some self styled experts here, so I don’t mind that it’s on another platform.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar
    Facebook sucks, do it here.
    I'm trying to spend less time on Facebook and social media in general so I would prefer a Study group here as well.

User Info Menu

Alot of people have become members of the study group, more than I expected. This does not mean that all these people will also participate and post there. But its fun to see that there is alot of interest.

But maybe someone of you who posted in this thread could run a study group here on the forum.