The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

It's just my opinion, but I think the Frank Vignola chord melody courses on Truefire are terrific! I highly recommend them. I'm not the most experienced player: probably much less skilled than the average player on this forum. However, working through those courses has, for the first time ever, helped me feel as if I'm actually playing jazz. I can't really improvise to any reasonable standard yet, and these courses don't focus on that. However, I can now play a few really nice and enjoyable chord melody arrangements of some cool songs. I can't promise you that you'll get as much out of them as I have, but I thought I should share that they've brought me quite a bit of satisfaction.

For what it's worth, I would have to say that Frank's "Jazz Chord Melody Playbook" is my favorite at this point. He has many other good courses on Truefire too though. With their student plan, which gives full access, I've check out much of their catalogue and Frank is probably my favorite instructor there. His lessons always feel musical to me and this motivates me to stick to them until I actually learn from them. I like his playing style a lot.

All the best!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GregMath
    It's just my opinion, but I think the Frank Vignola chord melody courses on Truefire are terrific! I highly recommend them. I'm not the most experienced player: probably much less skilled than the average player on this forum. However, working through those courses has, for the first time ever, helped me feel as if I'm actually playing jazz. I can't really improvise to any reasonable standard yet, and these courses don't focus on that. However, I can now play a few really nice and enjoyable chord melody arrangements of some cool songs. I can't promise you that you'll get as much out of them as I have, but I thought I should share that they've brought me quite a bit of satisfaction.

For what it's worth, I would have to say that Frank's "Jazz Chord Melody Playbook" is my favorite at this point. He has many other good courses on Truefire too though. With their student plan, which gives full access, I've check out much of their catalogue and Frank is probably my favorite instructor there. His lessons always feel musical to me and this motivates me to stick to them until I actually learn from them. I like his playing style a lot.

All the best!
    If you like Frank's courses on TF, you should try his TF Channel for $10/mo. He answers questions directly with short videos and usually adds a new CM each month.

User Info Menu

Hi, I have two titles, here are video samples, contact jake.reichbart@gmail.com for more info: