The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

playing around with a more broken up/contrapuntal texture

i still find hybrid picking to be ….unnatural… I guess I’m a flat picker!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

However you got there was worth the journey. Very nice.

User Info Menu

I think I preferred you shaggy, dahling

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller

playing around with a more broken up/contrapuntal texture

i still find hybrid picking to be ….unnatural… I guess I’m a flat picker!
    Sounds great. I like the broken up thing always personally... or at least like to look at the fuller block chord thing as the variation... rather than the other way around.

I especially enjoy your pure playing vids. Congrats.

User Info Menu

Your approach lends the song a pensive quality that is appropriate, IME. Nice tones from The Loar.
    Your lava lamp looks lorn. It is lump-less. Give it some juice! *

* Like I should talk! Mine's in another room. I must redress this.

User Info Menu

Yes the broken chords work great for you tune and a nice jazzy tune it is. So did I miss the first 18?

That's a sweet room, what's the orange thing on the white couch? For that matter is that the back of a white couch?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Yes the broken chords work great for you tune and a nice jazzy tune it is. So did I miss the first 18?
    The first 18 can be found here, bit of a lockdown project... I've slowed down a little haha. Solo playing was never something I focussed on so it's been a good learning experience.

That's a sweet room, what's the orange thing on the white couch? For that matter is that the back of a white couch?
    Thanks, that is the nice looking corner of the room. At some point no doubt daddy will be turfed out and have to find somewhere else, but for the moment it's pretty great to have a dedicated practice space (not that I have much time to practice haha)

The orange thing you refer to might be the my new 10" Toob from Gitterbug. It's great, but I am awaiting a Quilter Superblock to properly demo it - none of the micro amps I currently have do it justice - the Princeton sounds mega through it though.

User Info Menu

Easy Living was very nice, Christian.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Easy Living was very nice, Christian.
    Thanks Rob!

User Info Menu

That's some great playing that warrants repeated listening! Nice guitar too! Saw someone mention that it is a Loar? Which model, if I may ask?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wannabebopper
    That's some great playing that warrants repeated listening! Nice guitar too! Saw someone mention that it is a Loar? Which model, if I may ask?
    Thanks! It’s a Loar LH600. Standby for my solo playing because my ES175 really isn’t into that type of thing haha.