User Info Menu

Found this book underneath my bookshelf last night (not sure how it got there ). Haven't really worked with it but will do now.

The first half covers approaches which I'm ok with but will do the pieces anyway.

It's the second half with the harmonic concepts etc that I'm really interested in. Lots of interesting theoretical info and new techniques for me such as artificial harmonics (which I have only done briefly in the past but it isn't part of my playing...yet).

Has anyone else worked through the book? And if so what was your experience?

Edit: just to add that my CD is missing but I don't have a CD on my laptop anyway

Solo Jazz Guitar Through Chord Melody & Beyond-img20210926170242-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker View Post
    Found this book underneath my bookshelf last night (not sure how it got there ). Haven't really worked with it but will do now.

The first half covers approaches which I'm ok with but will do the pieces anyway.

It's the second half with the harmonic concepts etc that I'm really interested in. Lots of interesting theoretical info and new techniques for me such as artificial harmonics (which I have only done briefly in the past but it isn't part of my playing...yet).

Has anyone else worked through the book? And if so what was your experience?

Edit: just to add that my CD is missing but I don't have a CD on my laptop anyway

Solo Jazz Guitar Through Chord Melody & Beyond-img20210926170242-jpg
    Would love to see the content of a typical page if that's allowed. Cheers.

Here's the first page that I opened up.....

But there's much more in the book. It's a progressive book with 11 pieces played in different ways using the techniques discussed.

There's more book recommendations to supplement your learning etc...

Solo Jazz Guitar Through Chord Melody & Beyond-img20210926174145-jpg
    Last edited by Liarspoker; 09-26-2021 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Corrected song number from 12 to 11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker View Post
    Here's the first page that I opened up.....

But there's much more in the book. It's a progressive book with 11 pieces played in different ways using the techniques discussed.

There's more book recommendations to supplement your learning etc...

Solo Jazz Guitar Through Chord Melody & Beyond-img20210926174145-jpg
    Thank you. I've had a look at HM on youtube. Seems a great teacher sadly not with us now.

User Info Menu

Wow, he passed in 2012? What happened to the last decade.

I'll admit that there are many chord melody arrangments by lots of guys that I am not crazy about, YMMV. Some are unnecessarily tough, and the juice just ain't worth the squeeze. Meaning, they don't sound any better, they're just tougher.

Anyway, my advice is just to start with Wes' chord melodies. Tough enough, and guaranteed to sound great every time.