The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

NFI - just a great lesson I purchased and watched last night. You can buy single lessons for about $15 each. They are usually about 60 minutes and packed full of info with an accompanying PDF. With Barry's lessons repeated viewings reveal more and more.

excerpt

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I’ve been a subscriber for over a year now and his chord chops are so kicking my butt.

User Info Menu

Solo jazz guitar

Is good too...talks about exactly this

User Info Menu

That’s great instruction Barry!

User Info Menu

Barry is great. There is so much to learn from each lesson. I agree that multiple viewings are necessary to take it all in.

User Info Menu

For those who like the Joe Pass style, Jake Reichbart seems to be on top!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emilP
    For those who like the Joe Pass style, Jake Reichbart seems to be on top!
    Hmmm, I would consider Jake Reichbart's style to be very different from Joe Pass's. Maybe if you consider improvised solo fingerstyle guitar a "style," then yes. But otherwise, their approaches are quite different.

User Info Menu

IMO,that’s not true,cause he says he have always Pass in his head when He begin a new tune

I find Jake's style to be totally different then that of Joe Pass. Jake's style is very much immersed in keeping a groove going through out the tune which he does very well!

Joe Pass kept a groove too but it was a VERY different feel IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    NFI - just a great lesson I purchased and watched last night. You can buy single lessons for about $15 each. They are usually about 60 minutes and packed full of info with an accompanying PDF. With Barry's lessons repeated viewings reveal more and more.

excerpt
    I couldn’t find the actual $15 lesson this YouTube refers to. It seems to only available as a subscription. You wouldn’t happen to have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

I like Jakes style. Its aimed at a realistic gig … Resturant playing. Far more realistic these days than a concertizing jazz guitarist, or playing to your bedroom closet. Joe is awesome, i love him and cop his style when i can. And we were both born in New Brunswick NJ. Cant beat that lol.
    But Jakes style prepares you for getting out there and making a paying gig work.
    No disrespect to Barry (i signed up))). Or Joe (there be only one JP). I just think Jakes helping guitarists get out there and be employable.
    jk

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    I couldn’t find the actual $15 lesson this YouTube refers to. It seems to only available as a subscription. You wouldn’t happen to have a link?

Try thisHow I Create Chord Melody Arrangements - Essential - Barry Greene Video Lessons

User Info Menu

Bought it earlier today. It was just what the doctor ordered.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett

This looks like it

How I Create Chord Melody Arrangements - Essential - Essential Lessons - Barry Greene Video Lessons

Here is the Joe Pass style with Days of Wine and Roses ... I may give this a try myself

Joe Pass Solo Guitar Style - Topic Driven - Barry Greene Video Lessons

Old thread from NOV 2021 ... maybe somebody is still checking LOL