The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

I've always been fascinated by Billie Holiday's version of this song. This is my modest version. I hope you like it.
    Last edited by cesarguit; 08-25-2021 at 11:19 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Dexter Gordon’s version is my favorite!

User Info Menu

I like Dexter's too but not as much as Billie's, but then again every tune on Lady In Satin is the definitive version for me.

User Info Menu

Great version too.

User Info Menu

As much as I like the other versions, I think Cesar did a great job and captures the essence of the song.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your comment Marcut.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cesarguit
    I've always been fascinated by Billie Holiday's version of this song. This is my modest version. I hope you like it.
    Corazon, Cesar!
    I like your playing style and especially how you breathe between the phrases. I would like to hear you experiment/play with less reverb for a slightly more organic sound. Nice job!
    Toca en vivo . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Thanks for your comment. I will try it.
    Last edited by cesarguit; 09-06-2021 at 01:30 AM.

User Info Menu

I like your playing style and especially how you breathe between the phrases. I would like to hear you experiment/play with less reverb for a slightly more organic sound. Nice job!
    Toca en vivo . . . Marinero

Hello Marinero!
    I like the way you prepare the osso-buco.
    But for the next one,I would like you to experiment with less salt and more garlic for a taste slightly more organic

User Info Menu

I think Marinero generally gives quite thoughtful, nuanced feedback to people who post their playing - he models how to give good feedback as a teacher, actually.

I would say his advice would mean more if we knew his playing, but tbh I feel I get quite a strong impression of how he would play from what he writes in threads like this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emilP
    Hello Marinero!
    I like the way you prepare the osso-buco.
    But for the next one,I would like you to experiment with less salt and more garlic for a taste slightly more organic [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Simon! Emil . ..
    A mi me gusta Osso Bucco con pure de patatas, y guisantes frescas . . . y una botella de Marcas de Caceres Crianza . . . ahorita . . .tengo hambre. No tengo problema con ajo! En serio . . . toca en vivo . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Emil . ..
    A mi me gusta Osso Bucco con pure de patatas, y guisantes frescas . . . y una botella de Marcas de Caceres Crianza . . . ahorita . . .tengo hambre. No tengo problema con ajo!

Well noted,Amigo!

Fot the wine,I prefer one bottle of Brunello di Montalcino