This time it's a Cuban song! The tune is called Tú Me Acostumbraste (1957, Frank Domínguez).

I primarily based the arrangement on the version by Chavela Vargas, which also features in the 2006 film Babel.

Not sure yet whether I will continue this bolero kick or jump back into the Great American Songbook... We shall see!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful playing, Madeul! By allowing your music to breathe, you are developing a very poetic sense and a personal voice. I would love to hear you play with a good string bassist for some musical interplay. Hopefully, this Covid madness will pass and we can return to live music. You are what I call a "natural musician." Five stars.
    Play live . . . Marinero

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Beautiful playing, Madeul! By allowing your music to breathe, you are developing a very poetic sense and a personal voice. I would love to hear you play with a good string bassist for some musical interplay. Hopefully, this Covid madness will pass and we can return to live music. You are what I call a "natural musician." Five stars.
    Play live . . . Marinero
    Sometimes I'm worried that I might not be able to keep up playing well enough as to deserve the positive feedback that people have been kind enough to provide. I will say that though that I'm gradually getting more comfortable with not having to fill up every beat with notes.

Recording with another instrument has definitely been on my to-do list, although it will be more like Madeul Plays Guitar and Bass and Piano. Perhaps after another dozen videos...!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MadeulPlaysGuitar
    Sometimes I'm worried that I might not be able to keep up playing well enough as to deserve the positive feedback that people have been kind enough to provide. I will say that though that I'm gradually getting more comfortable with not having to fill up every beat with notes.

Recording with another instrument has definitely been on my to-do list, although it will be more like Madeul Plays Guitar and Bass and Piano. Perhaps after another dozen videos...!
    Hi, M,
    You are past the craftsman stage of playing. My best advice for you ,now, is to find other musicians with whom you can play. The problem with doing the other tracks yourself(piano/bass) is that you have a subconscious reference point of ideas which can lead to predictability in your playing ie; you always know where you're going. Playing with others will open your mind to new ideas, surprise, and stylistic differences. You can still do your YT performances while finding live performance opportunities with other musicians. Sadly, M, we're still in this Covid mess and it doesn't look good for the future. I wish you the very best. As a young person, you have great potential in the coming years.
    Play live . . . Marinero