The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice arrangement and fabulous playing by Ana. Rainbow starts about 2:45 but the Torroba is just as lovely.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anna is the real deal, Michael. Her use of dynamics, rubato, tone control, and pacing are impeccable. She tells a story with every piece she plays unlike the lionshare of "musicians" in her generation of automatons. Five Stars.
    Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

And Takemitsu was among the greatest composers of guitar music (any music for that matter) of his generation

User Info Menu

Great clasical guitar player!

User Info Menu

I am grateful for the younger generation of classical guitarist, particularity those who have stepped away from some of the conventional interpretations. I'm thinking of Tatyana Rhizkova who, for me, has breathed new life into some old, familiar pieces.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky
    I am grateful for the younger generation of classical guitarist, particularity those who have stepped away from some of the conventional interpretations. I'm thinking of Tatyana Rhizkova who, for me, has breathed new life into some old, familiar pieces.
    Hi, M,
    Most of the excitement today in CG, for me, is coming from Eastern European CG's who still teach the "old method." There is also the cultural element that differentiates them from American CG's. Check out: Kulikova, Karadaglic, Dylla, Azabagic, Bogdanovic, Dylla, Koskin, Steidl, Rak, Dukic-- no paper mache here! Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

That's a really lovely version.

Nobody asked me, but my three favorite vocal versions are Judy (of course), Ariana Grande live at her memorial show, and the very best, the incredible Eva Cassidy.

User Info Menu

I've always enjoyed Chet Atkins version and especially his use of cascading harmonics.