User Info Menu

I'm thinking about ordering the Berklee Reharmonization book linked below. Anyone who has experience with that book? Other books on reharmonization?
    Of course, every Jazz harmony book I read covered reharmonization to some extent. But it's nice to have a book that gives a more focused and thorough presentation.

Reharmonization Techniques - Berklee Press

I'm also thinking about a modern counterpoint book. Both reharmonization and counterpoint are essential tools in harmonizing melodies, comping and soloing (well may be counterpoint less so). Anyone has these books? Recomendations?

Counterpoint in Jazz Arranging - Berklee Press
    Contemporary Counterpoint - Berklee Press
    Last edited by Tal_175; 03-10-2021 at 04:00 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have both of these books. I have found both informative. I really like the counterpoint book. They are based on music theory, which I have no problem with.
    Some people seem to be anti-theory. If you are okay with theory, the books are fine. If you are anti-theory, you might not like these books.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    I'm thinking about ordering the Berklee Reharmonization book linked below. Anyone who has experience with that book? Other books?
    Of course, every Jazz harmony book I read covered reharmonization to some extent. But it's nice to have a book that gives a more focused and thorough presentation.

Reharmonization Techniques - Berklee Press
    I'm trying to break my book habit but this gets numerous great reviews on Amazon so added to my "wish list". Please give us your thoughts if you get it.
    Last edited by alltunes; 03-10-2021 at 10:25 PM.

This is great resource about Jimmy Wyble's guitar concepts:
    David Oakes

I have also ordered his book,The Art of Two Line Improvisation.

Here is a great video demonstration of how to benefit from his etudes: