User Info Menu

Welcome to my 552nd solo fingerstyle jazz guitar arrangement video on YouTube, "St. Thomas" by Sonny Rollins from the classic album "Saxophone Colossus". I recorded a version in my studio as usual on the morning of Thursday, 2/19/2021 and was set to post as is. Later that evening, I performed at my regular restaurant gig at The Earle in Ann Arbor and live streamed it to YouTube. This morning when I listened back, I actually liked the live version better! I thought it flowed more smoothly, better lines, just better feel overall. This is not really surprising as preparing my regular studio videos is more of a "chore", not in a bad way, but it's a routine scheduled thing as opposed to a real live experience. Anyway, for this reason I made a last minute change and included BOTH versions back to back for you to enjoy, let me know what you think. BTW, a 75 minute video lesson teaching this arrangement and improv is available to download, email jake.reichbart@gmail.com for all the info.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Good one Jake! Definitely agree the live ones more interesting... usually the case right?
    thanks for sharing.
    d

User Info Menu

Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    Good one Jake! Definitely agree the live ones more interesting... usually the case right?
    thanks for sharing.
    d