The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Check out Peter Mazza’s offerings. He’s a really good and committed instructor. He organises 5 week courses, through a standard. His way in to what he calls Chord Melody from the Ground Up is ATTYA. From there, he’s got other courses that work other standards or other stuff. I’ve done two of his courses and have been very deep and insightful. I do recommended to anyone. You can find all sorts of levels, from basic people (sort of like me) to really accomplished professionals. See a video of me with the result of my first course (only the head, but that was already very complex). There is a course from him on following the head, but I need the time to take it and now I just don’t have it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can find him on Facebook, where he has also a private group for people to try stuff and share concerns and arrangements. No affiliation whatsoever, apart from being a happy customer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lots of great suggestions, but
    I think the best and time-honored way and the most natural is to learn some note for note and then use ideas you like as your own.

it’ll happen faster and you’ll make it your own. It’s very different that the more academic approach of getting knowledge and then trying to create music expression with that. That can actually create somewhat of a gap to creativity and expression.

User Info Menu

Since I mentioned Dana Rasch above, this came in my email today.
    Good chord melody instruction?-memorial-day-sale-2021-jpg