The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very nice!! I loved the coda too. I used to play this song, solo guitar. Thanks for reminding me. Thank you.

User Info Menu

My dear Chris
    one stupid question : why do you never improvise after the exposition of the chord- melody of your tune ,here on jazz guitar.be ?

User Info Menu

Nice! This is a tune I was not familiar with. When I learn a new tune, I generally check out vocal versions. So I checked out Billy Holiday's and Eva Cassidy's versions. So I'll be adding another tune to my repertoire. Thanks Chris!!!

User Info Menu

For an improvised chorus, check out Chris's video of Stompin' at the Savoy.

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft
    Nice! This is a tune I was not familiar with. When I learn a new tune, I generally check out vocal versions. So I checked out Billy Holiday's and Eva Cassidy's versions. So I'll be adding another tune to my repertoire. Thanks Chris!!!
    Its a very good idea to listen to the words of a song to know what it is actually about! Happy or sad,etc.

User Info Menu

Beautiful Chris

(and it swings too !)

User Info Menu

beautiful!

User Info Menu

you should check out Joni Mitchell's version she sounds great with an orchestra

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emilP
    My dear Chris
    one stupid question : why do you never improvise after the exposition of the chord- melody of your tune ,here on jazz guitar.be ?
    Hi Emil, Many of my arrangements are done as studies for my students and I keep them to just the melody statement. Mainly so I don't have to painstakingly transcribe myself improvising and then notate it! I have improv choruses on many tunes that are on my YouTube channel if you are interested.

User Info Menu

Ok!
    I understand !

great work for your students !