User Info Menu

Check out my 531st solo guitar arrangement video, “Quiet Afternoon“ by Stanley Clarke! As unlikely a tune candidate for a guitar arrangement but that hasn’t stopped me before… I can’t overstate how important these Stanley Clarke albums from the 70s were for me. It’s not just the music itself but, as all of you who grew up in that era know, this is how you learned about new musicians, you read the liner notes and learned who played on every track, which were the top of the top of the guys back in the day, and you branched out from there. Evidence, the record collection you see me sitting in front of…

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Really nice playing on a great tune that holds many memories for me, Jake! That guitar sounds like nylon strings; am I hallucinating? Is there some serious scoop to the EQ, perhaps?

I was a bassist back in the day and Stanley was a huge influence on my playing at the time. I still have four of the six albums pictured... on vinyl :-)

And I also have to ask about the painter's tape... what's the deal? I had a very unfortunate experience with painter's tape on an antique secretary recently... I used painter's tape to secure the desk door because I couldn't find the key and was in a hurry :-/ I figured that the tape would be safe for the finish but noooooo... it removed a tiny bit of varnish when I took it off. The tape was on there for at most an hour... just long enough to transport the piece to another location. Sigh. I hope that doesn't happen to your guitar. I expect that the finish on that guitar is a bit more durable than the varnished one I damaged... it won't be hard to fix, but it made me cringe when I saw what was happening as I removed the tape :-(
    Last edited by starjasmine; 09-12-2020 at 02:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by starjasmine
    Really nice playing on a great tune that holds many memories for me, Jake! That guitar sounds like nylon strings; am I hallucinating? Is there some serious scoop to the EQ, perhaps?

I was a bassist back in the day and Stanley was a huge influence on my playing at the time. I still have four of the six albums pictured... on vinyl :-)

And I also have to ask about the painter's tape... what's the deal? I had a very unfortunate experience with painter's tape on an antique secretary recently... I used painter's tape to secure the desk door because I couldn't find the key and was in a hurry :-/ I figured that the tape would be safe for the finish but noooooo... it removed a tiny bit of varnish when I took it off. The tape was on there for at most an hour... just long enough to transport the piece to another location. Sigh. I hope that doesn't happen to your guitar. I expect that the finish on that guitar is a bit more durable than the varnished one I damaged... it won't be hard to fix, but it made me cringe when I saw what was happening as I removed the tape :-(
    Thanks! Not painters tape, it's blue duct tape and it's just covering a hole... :-) Steel strings, just plugged straight into the computer...

User Info Menu

Jake, that is beautiful. Very Soulful. We are so lucky to have you on this forum.
    Thank you for giving us a glimpse of your great talent.
    Joe D.

User Info Menu

Hi, I like it a lot, thanks for posting it.
    I am new in the forum, so I have a lot to discovery :-) ; by the way from five min ago, I am also a new subscriber to your youtube channel :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Jake, that is beautiful. Very Soulful. We are so lucky to have you on this forum.
    Thank you for giving us a glimpse of your great talent.
    Joe D.
    Thanks!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cri75!
    Hi, I like it a lot, thanks for posting it.
    I am new in the forum, so I have a lot to discovery :-) ; by the way from five min ago, I am also a new subscriber to your youtube channel :-)
    I appreciate it!