The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36
    The man who used to play keys on Velvet Darkness by Allan Holdsworth has a great version of this song. I dont know how to post it,but jazz fans will like it!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Alan Pasqua

User Info Menu

Dig this one :

User Info Menu

A recently released version with Frisell on guitar:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GTRMan
    Nice job Cesar!

Here is the one from Johnny A. to check out, y'all.

GTRman , I owe you one. I never heard of Johnny A until your post. Now I’m hooked. Been watching everything I can find on him on YouTube. This guy is really good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    The man who used to play keys on Velvet Darkness by Allan Holdsworth has a great version of this song. I dont know how to post it,but jazz fans will like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    Alan Pasqua
    Yes. Just, "Yes."

Alan Pasqua, piano
    Darek "Oles" Oleskiewicz, double-bass
    Peter Erskine, drums

good job

i meant to tell the guy with epi good job

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    A recently released version with Frisell on guitar:

great! has shades of ennio morricone, toots thielemans, angelo badalamenti...nice

cheers

User Info Menu

Johnny A is a terrific chord melody arranger and precise guitarist in the way that Chet Atkins was precise - nailing the feel, notes placed in perfect time and great taste. With the advent of looper pedals he's also a one-man band. He did an amazing version of the 60s classic "The Letter" live at the New England amp show last year ... feet a blur as he worked about 20 pedals.

User Info Menu

Beautifully played!

Apparently this is a song people love to cover; here is a version I did a few years ago:

Quote Originally Posted by cesarguit
    This is my version of Wichita lineman. I hope you like it. All comments are welcome.