Getting better. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by eh6794-2.0
    Getting better. Keep up the good work.
    thank you for your support eh6794-2.0
    each day I try to become a better musician

User Info Menu

You'll be there one day!

User Info Menu

Just a tiny thing: the song is "What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life", no "for" in it. Great tune for solo guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by ronjazz
    Just a tiny thing: the song is "What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life", no "for" in it. Great tune for solo guitar.
    oh! Sorry

User Info Menu

Question- I see you looking at the screen- are you reading off a chart?

Suggestion- you have a great tone and a really nice approach to arranging and phrasing. It really nails that late night Kenny Burrell solo gtr vibe that we don't hear very often anymore.
    One thing I found helpful for my own solo struggles- I put a time limit of 5 minutes max on each tune, to help me focus and tighten up the tunes if I ever play them live.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph2
    Question- I see you looking at the screen- are you reading off a chart?
    yes,I took the bad habit to play and improvise with the score (melody AND chords) in front of my eyes, now put on the screen of a mini-computer

The Barry Harris words:
    this is terrible about these people (=me )playing from fake books. Even at jam sessions they pull out a fake book,I can't believe it ,they don't know anything

To avoid my unfortunate situation, I will strong recommend to everybody to buy the vol 76 of Jamey Aebersold :" Learn Tunes,a jazz musician survival guide" by David Baker

NB
    When I play live,with no musicians in front of me,I play the tune,only one improvisation and the tune again.
    More than one turn around,and people start to get excited, noise of chairs, coughing, conversations, etc.

cheers
    emilP
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Don't apologize for being a capable sight reader! I wish my skills for that were better - it saves a lot of time.
    If you haven't already tried, once you learn a tune well, with practice I'll bet you can play it without a chart - easier than you think.

User Info Menu

Quarentining.