The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19
    Hello!

This isn't jazz but has some elements from it. It's a guitar arrangement of wedding waltz that is loved in Finland called Akselin ja Elinan häävalssi. I hope you like it.Wedding waltzWedding waltz

Kindest, Minko

Lähetetty minun SM-A405FN laitteesta Tapatalkilla

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The arrangement has a beautiful lilt to it, and the playing immaculate. Could be a bit longer!! Is that one of those Yamaha silent guitars? You seem to have bonded with it.

User Info Menu

The original composition by Heikki Aaltoila (1905-1992) was for the epic movie "Here Under the North Star", aired in 1968. It has become one of the most popular wedding waltzes in Finland. It's also the opening number for the annual Independence Ball at the President's Palace on December 6. Aaltoila was the conductor and in-house composer of the Finnish National Theater for 40 years, producing the musical scores for over 150 plays and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    The arrangement has a beautiful lilt to it, and the playing immaculate. Could be a bit longer!! Is that one of those Yamaha silent guitars? You seem to have bonded with it.
    Thanks a lot Peter C! I have just started to practice longer version of this that has some improvisation parts in it. Yeah, It's Yamaha silent guitar. It's great for practicing and etc. I play with it all the time because at this point I don't have other guitar.Wedding waltz

User Info Menu

nicely played! amazing that's your only guitar!

what type wood is your handmade pick on headstock?

cheers

User Info Menu

Definitely a Classical player with Classical technique. Nice. Play live . . . Marinero

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    nicely played! amazing that's your only guitar!

what type wood is your handmade pick on headstock?

cheers
    Thank you! Yeah, by now it's the only one. I sold all my other guitars.

That pick is spalted flamed birch. All hand made parts in that guitar are made from different birches.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Definitely a Classical player with Classical technique. Nice. Play live . . . Marinero
    Thank you! I have to admit that I'm not classical guitarist. I have no classical education and I don't practice classical pieces. Normally I play with pick but I quess I'm little bit classical player in my heart.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikkoKarhula
    Thank you! I have to admit that I'm not classical guitarist. I have no classical education and I don't practice classical pieces. Normally I play with pick but I quess I'm little bit classical player in my heart.

Hi, M,
    You must have had a good teacher. Hard to believe if you're self taught. Very good technique. Play live . . . Marinero

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, M,
    You must have had a good teacher. Hard to believe if you're self taught. Very good technique. Play live . . . Marinero
    Thank you! Living, loving and feeling has been best teachers for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikkoKarhula
    Thank you! Living, loving and feeling has been best teachers for me.
    nice!! keep at it!!!

cheers

User Info Menu

The Gods were blessing you when you took the guitar in your hands for the first time.
    You’re a marvellous musician
    I can feel your soul when you play
    I wish you the best in your life
    Milou Pulinx

Quote Originally Posted by emilP
    The Gods were blessing you when you took the guitar in your hands for the first time.
    You’re a marvellous musician
    I can feel your soul when you play
    I wish you the best in your life
    Milou Pulinx
    That was so beautifully said. Thank you very much! Can I use your comment in my websites etc.?

User Info Menu

of course

User Info Menu

Check out Mikko’s picking etudes... really nice little pieces. Look forward to learning some of them at some point.

Also; bloody love Finland. Beautiful place...

User Info Menu

Beautiful country .... until you're about to pack up and leave and a pissed off bear comes out from behind one of the trees at the top demanding that you continue playing the same "so soothing" piece over and over. Can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Beautiful country .... until you're about to pack up and leave and a pissed off bear comes out from behind one of the trees at the top demanding that you continue playing the same "so soothing" piece over and over. Can happen.
    That's true! Here Sulo the Finnish bear man taking Juuso the bear to hibernation.

User Info Menu

The guys with the crazy guitars are always the best players.

Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by eh6794-2.0
    The guys with the crazy guitars are always the best players.

Great job!
    Hah, ok.Wedding waltz Thank you!