User Info Menu

I'd like to thank all those who took the time last Friday to check out my arrangement of "Ruby Baby" which marked the last remaining track from 'The Nightfly" I have arranged for solo guitar. I also mentioned in that post that I put together a YouTube playlist of all the tracks from the album. It turns out though that for most people it's a cumbersome way to enjoy the tracks, as it gets interrupted by ads, etc. So I had this idea, why not take all 8 videos (plus a short verbal commentary) and create one continuous video with all 8 tracks in the same order as the original? And so here it is, the entire "The Nightfly" album arranged and performed for solo guitar by myself for you to enjoy! You can sit and watch the whole thing or let it play while doing other stuff around the house or office, I'd be delighted either way. Thanks again!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, just listening now, sounds great so far. What an ambitious project.

User Info Menu

What a great project. Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Thanks!! That's the thing though, it was never really a project, the tracks just kind of accumulated over time, some 12 years actually!

User Info Menu

This makes a great vehicle to get the changes to all the tunes. Thanks!

User Info Menu

We've had threads about why are there no new standards. I don't have an answer to that, but your video shows that every tune on that album is worthy of being a standard... better than most of the old time standards in my opinion.

I listened to the whole video. Thank you so much, I really enjoyed that. FWIW, my favorite background was the wall of amps. Dug the record collection also.

I already have one of your music books, I'll check out your other stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Yes, props to you, Jake, for this labor of love. I am a big Dan fan, and I've learned many Dan tunes in a band setting, but this is a whole different level of effort, for the need to figure out how to play multiple parts simultaneously and to put in the time to actually pull it off. Super cool!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by starjasmine
    Yes, props to you, Jake, for this labor of love. I am a big Dan fan, and I've learned many Dan tunes in a band setting, but this is a whole different level of effort, for the need to figure out how to play multiple parts simultaneously and to put in the time to actually pull it off. Super cool!
    Thanks! I teach many of these arrangements and my style in general, have a look if you have a moment... lessons