User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for posting , one of my favourite tunes , the Borys
    has a great tone, more please !

User Info Menu

Chris, thank you for adding this! I follow your videos on YouTube. They are quite well done.

I was recently inspired to work on this tune, too. I am strictly a hobbyist, but I had posted my own version just a few days prior.

<a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerAlV1qHeQ" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerAlV1qHeQ">

In fact, since I have been on COVID lockdown, I have been inspired to post a few videos. It is part of my ow way for me to keep it together during these interesting/difficult times.

Feedback is appreciated from all.

User Info Menu

Chris: A suggestion that might be of use to your fans, current and prospective students would be to follow up the "easy" arrangement with a difficult arrangement of the same tune. That way, the student can see how you approach embellishing or making a tune your own and hopefully they can put that knowledge towards producing their own creations.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Whiteman
    I like the wording beginning chord-melody. Nothing about it is beginner it is real nice work of art. The tone and touch are that which must come with time and talent. Granted it is not what one might call a complicated arrangement, the proof is in the result a nice tune to listen to and enjoy. Interesting in that there is this big name jazz guitarist who plays solo and complicated picking, effects, and the like. I find it good to listen to but never really want to go back over and over and keep hearing it, too busy.

This reminds me of a comparison of sorts. Joe Pass recorded Simplicity in the 60's and straight up jazz that one might say is almost easy listening jazz. In fact it is really incredible bop lines that are just woven together along with great touch and tone.

Your Chord-Melody playing reminds me of this as something to always return to and listen again and again. Keep it up.