The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 82 of 82

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neonshaker
    I would bet good money that because he's younger and not worrying about what he is playing and instead just playing.

Was a simpler time when I was younger.
    I won't get into Tim's age but I suspect that he is older than I am and he's been playing this style for maybe 40 years? ???

What I've actually started doing is playing Tim's basic melodies for 4 or 8 bars then improvising for a similar number of bars. This way I think that my playing sounds better. ?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Folks -- any life still in this group? I'm looking for a study group to join via Truefire and just discovered you all here....course looks excellent, I might jump in anyway....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by odel
    Hi Folks -- any life still in this group? I'm looking for a study group to join via Truefire and just discovered you all here....course looks excellent, I might jump in anyway....
    Yes join Tim's channel on Truefire. There's some great information there.

User Info Menu

Thanks, did not understand there were 'channels' as such, have to look harder I accidentally started the Jazz Blues Pathways course and it's sucked me in, think I might try this one too.

User Info Menu

Went back to the course today and came up with this.

It's rough but there's a few ideas that I like in there especially the first 1 to 6 move.

How's everyone else doing with the course and their improv?

User Info Menu

Just a heads up, for those interested, that there's a Solo Guitar Study Group on FB which has just started on Tim's Chordal Improv course.

Edit: it seems that I can't link to the group maybe due to its privacy settings. Just search for Solo Guitar Study Group. It's been set up by Per Growth.

I know that many on here aren't a big fan of FB so feel free to post in this thread.

Currently we are working on ii V I improv in C. Would love to see your vids etc

User Info Menu

Regarding the list above here is my first take. Plenty to work on over the next few weeks.