Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Greetings to all of you jazz guitar lovers,
    I have recently rediscovered a magic of chord melody jazz guitar , and since mostly a bass player myself it will take time to keep goin with this kind of stuff but anyhow just wanted to put some of my atempts... Sheik of Araby and All the things you are I have learned from Chris Whiteman videos and After you've gone from a guy that is known on youtube as Ben-T-Zik ...




    Last edited by DjangoBG; 02-12-2020 at 01:39 PM. Reason: add more links

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    You know, that really isn't bad for a beginner. Obviously you need work, but you figured out TEMPO and that is something most non-pro jazz guitarists never get. There were mistakes, but I can tell there is a tempo going on in your head while you play.

    I would imagine as a bass player, player guitar with a tempo would just be a given. For some reason, non-pro jazz guitarists believe that if the use a metronome, they will sound stiff and stale. But if they can't keep up with a tempo, what are they doing.

    Keep up the good work!

  4. #3
    Thanks a lot , your opinion is important to me

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    I agree with eh. Not sure how long you've been playing, but if it has been less than a year you are doing really well.

  6. #5
    I am not a new to a guitar but mostly played a bass, my main problem is how to put fatty fingertips on one tinny string

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    I can tell you've been playing guitar for a while, I just meant beginning jazz. as for fatty fingertips, there are as many advantages as disadvantages.

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DjangoBG
    I am not a new to a guitar but mostly played a bass, my main problem is how to put fatty fingertips on one tinny string
    Oh man, my hands are the size of baseball gloves.

    It has always been a struggle for me.

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    eh, can you play two notes with one finger? not a barre, but like this:

    XX5546

    3x443x

    with only 3 fingers? I have always wished I could do that. My fingers are too thin.

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    You are doing very well. Your guitar is the spit and image of my first electric archtop. Best value in the archtop world. Gave it to my grandson, who lent it to his sister's husband, who uses it for his shows. Just keepin' it in the family. Enjoy!

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by corpse
    eh, can you play two notes with one finger? not a barre, but like this:

    XX5546

    3x443x

    with only 3 fingers? I have always wished I could do that. My fingers are too thin.
    I can do that, especially with a 3rd and 4th string combo. I never use it though, and it is hard to not fret two strings at a time.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    You are doing very well. Your guitar is the spit and image of my first electric archtop. Best value in the archtop world. Gave it to my grandson, who lent it to his sister's husband, who uses it for his shows. Just keepin' it in the family. Enjoy!
    Thanks citizenk74, thats Ibanez AF-75, I have got this one in trade for an old Ibanez RG, dont have any experience with archtops, this is my very first one, but yeah, sounds nice, neck is very good and slick, just strung it with set of TI's flats, sounds good for me....