The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Tim Lerch has a fine tutorial for this arrangement on YouTube.

A side benefit of working up one of Ted Greene's arrangements is that everything not arranged by Ted seems simple and easier to play!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice! I've never been able to get the hang of Ted's charts.

User Info Menu

I understand that and I think it helps to have the notation as well. Check out Tim's tutorials.

User Info Menu

I really enjoyed that. I play a very simple arrangement that I slapped together based on Frank Vignola and Bucky Pizzarelli's duo. I like this arrangement and your playing is inspiring. Ted's voicings are usually out of my reach. Pun intended.
    Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky
    Tim Lerch has a fine tutorial for this arrangement on YouTube.

A side benefit of working up one of Ted Greene's arrangements is that everything not arranged by Ted seems simple and easier to play!

Nice!!!!

User Info Menu

very nice..right down to shakin that neck! ted style

and props to tim for keepin ted g in the spotlight!

cheers

User Info Menu

Ted is in the spotlight every day on TedGreene.com.
    Check it out for tons of lessons and arrangements (all for free!)
    TedGreene.com - Teachings

TedGreene.com - Newsletter

ENJOY!
    Last edited by jayv999; 12-07-2019 at 07:42 PM. Reason: to change name of URL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jayv999
    Ted is in the spotlight every day on TedGreene.com.
    Check it out for tons of lessons and arrangements (all for free!)
    Indeed! The transcription I worked from was from tedgreene.com. Some of Ted's charts have been generously interpreted into standard notation which I find very helpful.

User Info Menu

Great must look that up. Moves sweetly.

User Info Menu

Nicely done, michael, tnx for doing this! and tnx to Tim Lerch as well. One thing i realized as i listened is that whenever I have committed to an arrangement of Ted's, it was beyond 'interesting' or cool; it was a host of lessons that i could keep learning from as i continued to play the arrangement. And i realized that i have never forgotten one of these, i still play his arrangements nearly every time i practice. tnx again for doing this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stringmann
    ... a host of lessons that i could keep learning from as i continued to play the arrangement....
    Great music is like that. It's deep and offers a lifetime of exploration and layers of learning beyond even the imagination of the composer or arranger.

User Info Menu

Awesome playing! And beautiful arrangement, would love to get that under my belt too one day!