The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Hey guys, this is my chord-melody arrangement of "In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning", greatly inspired by Ella Fitzgerald's take on it.

Let me know what you guys think

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Eyal-B
    Hey guys, this is my chord-melody arrangement of "In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning", greatly inspired by Ella Fitzgerald's take on it.

Let me know what you guys think
    I think it's fantastic. Thanks so much for posting it here. Really great phrasing and rhythmic feel throughout. I really like the idea of basing it off off a specific recording that way, prioritizing feel over exotic voicings etc. Congrats.

My wife wasn't paying attention at all, but at the ending, went "Ooohhh". So, good job on grabbing the ear of the other inattentive musician in the room...

User Info Menu

Nicely done! Bach quote was a fun surprise, too.

User Info Menu

Very nice arrangement, playing, tone, and sound.

User Info Menu

I liked your arrangement of In The Wee Small Hours!

Your rendition has a lot of mood to it and a nice feel all the way through.

Thank you for the video post!

Regards,
    Steven Herron

User Info Menu

Still another talented young musician!
    Very graceful played.The music does come directly from your soul !
    Cheers
    EmilP

Quote Originally Posted by matt.guitarteacher
    I think it's fantastic. Thanks so much for posting it here. Really great phrasing and rhythmic feel throughout. I really like the idea of basing it off off a specific recording that way, prioritizing feel over exotic voicings etc. Congrats.

My wife wasn't paying attention at all, but at the ending, went "Ooohhh". So, good job on grabbing the ear of the other inattentive musician in the room...
    Thank you so much Matt! I think that's the greatest compliment I have ever received, and that put a great smile on my face. Thanks, this means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky
    Nicely done! Bach quote was a fun surprise, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt
    Very nice arrangement, playing, tone, and sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Herron
    I liked your arrangement of In The Wee Small Hours!

Your rendition has a lot of mood to it and a nice feel all the way through.

Thank you for the video post!

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Learn To Play Jazz Guitar Chord Melody Solos
    Quote Originally Posted by emilP
    Still another talented young musician!
    Very graceful played.The music does come directly from your soul !
    Cheers
    EmilP
    Thank you all so very much! Knowing that people enjoy my playing gets me happy and excited each and every time.

User Info Menu

Beautifully played. Well done

User Info Menu

Super nice! You had me by the second bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyal-B
    Thank you so much Matt! I think that's the greatest compliment I have ever received, and that put a great smile on my face. Thanks, this means a lot.

Thank you all so very much! Knowing that people enjoy my playing gets me happy and excited each and every time.
    A lot of growth over your last three or four videos , from what I can see. Keep up the good work.

User Info Menu

+ 1 to all above. You have such a lovely sound . Thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

Beautiful. I look forward to hearing more.

User Info Menu

All I can say is wow and agree with what has already been said...wonderful touch, tone, expression...beautiful, simply beautiful...brought a tear to my eye !! You have it all, imho. I liked the surprise "Jesu, you of mans desiring" also !! Keep the videos coming !

User Info Menu

That is really a nice touch and keep at it you are playing great. How did you record this I can never get my recordings to sound very good I just don't know the set ups and what is need. I spend to much time keeping guitars in for repair in order to learn recording.

You have all the tools of a fine player!

User Info Menu

WowZa. Well done!