User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Enjoyed your lovely rendition of Stardust!

That's always been one of my favorite songs.

Thank you for taking the time to post your video for us!

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Learn To Play Chord Melody Solos

User Info Menu

I have enjoyed !
    Brilliant thechnique!
    Here is my own version

User Info Menu

Thanks Guys, it’s such a timeless tune... Hoagy.

I listened to Willie Nelson’s version for a bit of inspiration, deceptively simple.

Willie’s really a genius guitarist, but he keeps it simple and melodic.

The man knows his audience.

Best, JT

User Info Menu

Jerry, your playing of Stardust reminds me so much of Joe Pass's playing...not sure if I have ever heard Joe play it, but if he did, your arrangement certainly sounds "Passish"....I mean this in the highest sense of compliment ! Thanks for taking the time to post this...inspires me to did it out and play it !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcpicker47 View Post
    Jerry, your playing of Stardust reminds me so much of Joe Pass's playing...not sure if I have ever heard Joe play it, but if he did, your arrangement certainly sounds "Passish"....I mean this in the highest sense of compliment ! Thanks for taking the time to post this...inspires me to did it out and play it !
    WOW! very kind words, thank you so much.

I’m a big fan of Joe Pass, but also Herb Ellis, Barney Kessell, Howard Roberts, Wes, Tal, Bucky, etc...

Joe’s playing was so far beyond, in terms of fluidity, still mind blowing & ear bending.

Stardust isn’t the easiest tune to play, lots of chords and melody combinations that don’t fall as easily under the fingers, as say All The Things You Are or Darn That Dream, which are more common, as they conveniently fit the standard chord forms. Stardust doesn’t, so i had to use more imagination to get it to flow...

Best Regards, JT