Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bacon Fat

Bacon Fat

Been wanting to play the Jesse Ed Davis solo on this Taj Mahal cut forever. I can't get it! Any help out there?

Pull it into Audacity or similar program, slow it down and loop each lick until you get a handle on it.

.Even if you only pick up a lick here and there you'll be ahead.
    The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar; now that's my idea of a good time - Frank Zappa

It's mostly switching between pentatonic minor and major.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by FwLineberry View Post
    Pull it into Audacity or similar program, slow it down and loop each lick until you get a handle on it.

.Even if you only pick up a lick here and there you'll be ahead.
    Thanks..I'll download Audacity and give it a try. Haven't had great luck with these kinds of programs in the past.

You may as well use the slow down function in youtube.

Since the tune is rather slow, the 75% setting may work well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO View Post
    You may as well use the slow down function in youtube.

Since the tune is rather slow, the 75% setting may work well.
    Thanks...never knew about that You Tube setting. My ear is not as good as many of you on this forum, but now at least I can take a ballpark swing at it.

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed