The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

As far as teaching/learning videos, I would suggest Barry Greene. Superb musician, incredible chops, and his solo arrangements are very musical and playable.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRoberts
    I'm glad I didn't run out and buy a Strat.
    OOOOPS...I did!

(j/k)

Another beauty from Chris:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Here’s one by Walter Rodrigues on a classical guitar:

That was great, really made sense. So nice to hear stuff like that.

User Info Menu

I do not know about tutorials, but there are some videos of solo playing that i really enjoy even if they are relatively simple...

I like all Bobby Broom home recorded stuff on his chanell... very authentic, lyrical and brutal jazz guitar.
    And I like how he records it - without much care about record quality - just grab a guitar and play...

There is more..

User Info Menu

Also I love Vince Lewis' solo playing... it is more convetional but he has so much warmth and humanity in his playing...

(One of the problem today is that there are lots of skillfully played arrangements of standards but they all sound approximately the same: some kind of neutralized hybrid style)

User Info Menu

And Tim Lerch - metnioned above... he does not seem to do something extrememly complex but he has such a moving lively groove and sense of phrase...
    It really puts him in a different league for me...

User Info Menu

I especially liked Jonah's submission of the Booby Broom ballads. Bobby has the unique ability to allow the music to breathe as he develops his theme and response. This is missing in most of the younger players today who either rush the piece without breathing or lose the melody with excessive improvisation. Nice playing. Good playing . . . Marinero