The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16
    Hello!

Here is my arrangement of the beautiful classic Over the Rainbow. Let me know what do you think about it.
    Have a nice start of the week!

Kindest, Mikko

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's a beautiful classical guitar arrangement of Somewhere Over The Rainbow!

Lots of very creative and unique ideas in your arrangement - one of the best versions I've ever heard.

Thank you for posting your video for us - bravo!!

Hi Steven!

Thank you so much! I appreciate it.

Cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikkoKarhula
    Hello!

Here is my arrangement of the beautiful classic Over the Rainbow. Let me know what do you think about it.
    Have a nice start of the week!

Kindest, Mikko

Very 'fresh-airy' arrangement! Thank you...

By the way is it plain acoustic record or do you use some piezo?

User Info Menu

Very unique, and great playing. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah
    Very 'fresh-airy' arrangement! Thank you...

By the way is it plain acoustic record or do you use some piezo?
    Thank you! It's recorded with zoom h2 recorder, no piezo used. Should buy new zoom h6 and then I could add different mic setups and tracks.

cheers, Mikko

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt
    Very unique, and great playing. Thanks for posting!
    That is so nice to hear! Thank you!

Cheers, Mikko

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikkoKarhula
    That is so nice to hear! Thank you!

Cheers, Mikko
    Recording sounds great also! Great sounding classical!

Quote Originally Posted by Papawooly
    Recording sounds great also! Great sounding classical!
    Thank you! I play a lot jazz with it too. It's Cordoba guitars Iberia serie.

Cheers!

User Info Menu

Sound is very nice. Is this the raw recorded track? Any processing after recording?

Danielle

User Info Menu

The playing and arrangement are world class!! Beautiful.

The video editing a lot less so. Sorry. The zoom, pan, filter, fades, etc., all seem pretty random. As one professor once told me, "Don't cut unless you have something new to say, don't zoom unless you are trying to reveal something you couldn't show in the original frame, and don't fade unless there has been a power outage!" That may have been an exaggeration, but his point was that the edits need to be intentional and tell something new. Otherwise they seem just random and distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleOM
    Sound is very nice. Is this the raw recorded track? Any processing after recording?

Danielle
    Hi Danielle!

I used Zoom h2 recorder and then made some mixing with Garageband-software.

Cheers, Mikko

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett

The video editing a lot less so. Sorry. The zoom, pan, filter, fades, etc., all seem pretty random. As one professor once told me, "Don't cut unless you have something new to say, don't zoom unless you are trying to reveal something you couldn't show in the original frame, and don't fade unless there has been a power outage!" That may have been an exaggeration, but his point was that the edits need to be intentional and tell something new. Otherwise they seem just random and distracting.
    I think the edits added some movement, variation and made the video more interesting.
    Last edited by fep; 12-18-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett

Thank you a lot for those advices! I think you are absolutely right. I have to practice video editing little by little.

Cheers, Mikko

User Info Menu

Do not take as a critc, Mikko! But I think if you consider adding some dynamics to it, it would make it a real precious gem!... I think we when we do jazz staff on often heavy strings and so on we may forget that these nylons are capable for wide range of dynamics...

Thank you again for your playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah
    Do not take as a critc, Mikko! But I think if you consider adding some dynamics to it, it would make it a real precious gem!... I think we when we do jazz staff on often heavy strings and so on we may forget that these nylons are capable for wide range of dynamics...

Thank you again for your playing!
    This is as much I think I can put dynamics without overdoing. Put I will try. This is very interesting and I am pleased to get these advices. When playing I can't hear or see
    everything and understand the whole picture.

Thanks! Cheers, Mikko