Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21
    Here's an arrangement I did of All The Things You Are. After playing through the arrangement on the video, I show the chord voicings I used.

Hope you enjoy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.MasterGuitarists.com

My blog: Guitar Planet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very good job. Thanks for sharing.

Greetings

User Info Menu

very good lesson! easy to follow

User Info Menu

a great tune...at any tempo or genre...

time on the instrument...

User Info Menu

Hey there -- thanks a ton for this video. It was helpful and clear, and I learned a couple of neat little tricks. Looking forward to more!

User Info Menu

SSS, thank you!

User Info Menu

very nice, thank you. I copied the chords down on music paper and will duly study it when I can. Welcome to the forum!

I've heard from multiple people that this video I just posted has a torturing high pitched noise that comes in around 1:09. Try as I can, I cannot hear it. My hearing was damaged in a car wreck last March and apparenlty the frequency of that noise is no longer one I can hear.

With my wife's help (who can hear the noise) I've isolated it to the vocal mic track in ProTools. The guitar track seems ok. So as soon as possible I'm going to redo/voice over the talking part of the video and hopefully elimate that noise. I'll upload the new pain-free video asap.

Till then, my apologies.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.MasterGuitarists.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry to hear about your accident. Good luck!!!

Do not worry about the noise .... The lesson is fantastic and, with your permission, I will try to learn to make it mine.

The tone is incredible. Regarding the setup: Gibson L5 WM (I think) and .... (amp, effects,....)???

Thanks for sharing.

11. Thanks!

You are right, the guitar is a 2000 Gibson L-5 Wes Montgomery.

I plugged the L-5 straight into an early 80's Roland JC-55 (2x8 combo). I mic'd the JC-55 with a Shure 57 and recorded it in Pro Tools. I did not add any effects or even tweak the EQ in Pro Tools as I liked the raw tone.
    Last edited by SwingSwangSwung; 11-25-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.MasterGuitarists.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Info Menu

Great video, and great playing. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Very nice. I haven't heard ATTYA done with a bossa feel.

User Info Menu

Great video. Please by all means make more of this type. It really helps someone like myself in the sort of isolated area I'm in. Most of the teachers around here either teach country or hard rock. I searched for a teacher of jazz within a 50 mile radous of where I lived and found---myself. Not helpful I must say.

15. Quote Originally Posted by SwingSwangSwung View Post
    I've heard from multiple people that this video I just posted has a torturing high pitched noise that comes in around 1:09. Try as I can, I cannot hear it. My hearing was damaged in a car wreck last March and apparenlty the frequency of that noise is no longer one I can hear.

With my wife's help (who can hear the noise) I've isolated it to the vocal mic track in ProTools. The guitar track seems ok. So as soon as possible I'm going to redo/voice over the talking part of the video and hopefully elimate that noise. I'll upload the new pain-free video asap.

Till then, my apologies.
    Fixed the audio. The new video is here....

Thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.MasterGuitarists.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Info Menu

Excellent!

User Info Menu

I have just played through your arrangement end to end – my first chord melody, and so rewarding after months of learning voicings, theory, scales, etc.

Thank you so much.

Dave

18. Quote Originally Posted by patted View Post
    I have just played through your arrangement end to end – my first chord melody, and so rewarding after months of learning voicings, theory, scales, etc.

Thank you so much.

Dave
    That's great! Glad you got it under your hands.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.MasterGuitarists.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Info Menu

Hi SSS,
    Just watched your video, thanks, it was great. I'm trying to write my own chord melodies and your easy approach in the lesson was easy to follow. Look forward to more of your postings.

User Info Menu

Beautiful axe, nice voicings, great tone. Thanks for sharing & keep up the great work!

User Info Menu

SSS - fantastic arrangement & brilliant lesson! Loved the X-O-Grams! Thanks very much & I really hope you do some more - please let us know when you are going to post them.

Thanks again

Malcatraz

User Info Menu

Thanks SSS for that totally great lesson vid. Iv'e been rockin and playing blues for a while and now after listening to some Frank Marino I'm ready to go down the jazz road with my Gibson. This Video was very rewarding for me as I was able to acually play this song with your help. Thanks again and please do more songs with the same format. How about Morning Carnival? This is a song I learn while taking classical guitar lessons at our local JC. It would be cool to see how you play it with all these jazz chords.
    Rich