Jazz Guitar
Learn how to play jazz guitar with our eBook bundle
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Body and Soul

Body and Soul

Sharing a few choruses of improv over Body and Soul. No real arrangement going on. Just enjoying the tune.

NYC Jazz Guitar Masterclasses - Free Weekly Lessons

"Jordan Klemons is a great guitarist with unlimited potential. His prodigious technique is never an end in itself but instead the means to musical expression. He is a musician who looks to the past for inspiration and influence yet has a modern conception; he is someone to look out and listen for!"
    -Peter Bernstein

I enjoy these kind of improvisations a lot more than chord melody. Great tone.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I enjoy these kind of improvisations a lot more than chord melody. Great tone.
    Thanks Dave. Glad you like it. I wasn't sure if it really "fit" in the "chord melody" section. But, had to make an executive decision and went for it ha

"Jordan Klemons is a great guitarist with unlimited potential. His prodigious technique is never an end in itself but instead the means to musical expression. He is a musician who looks to the past for inspiration and influence yet has a modern conception; he is someone to look out and listen for!"
    -Peter Bernstein

Beautiful. Thanks for this.

The way I see it, Chord-Melody is basically synonymous with solo guitar (given there's some chords). Sometimes the melody is part of the chord. Doesn't matter to me as long as it sounds like good music!

lovely improv jk!! heard a bit of round midnght in there too!!! coverin' all the masters!! hah...good stuff

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MarketTomato View Post
    Beautiful. Thanks for this.

The way I see it, Chord-Melody is basically synonymous with solo guitar (given there's some chords). Sometimes the melody is part of the chord. Doesn't matter to me as long as it sounds like good music!
    Thanks Market. Appreciate you taking a listen. And welcome to the forum.

And yeah, I agree. I think the term chord melody can imply a specific thing, but also different things to different folks. I know one of our members here, Tim Lerch, isn't a big fan of the phrase... and is a monster "solo guitarist". If that's a fair term... perhaps unaccompanied guitar? Anyways, there are chords and melodies, and perhaps counter-melodies. Either way, I had fun playing it and glad you enjoyed listening.

-Peter Bernstein

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic View Post
    lovely improv jk!! heard a bit of round midnght in there too!!! coverin' all the masters!! hah...good stuff

cheers
    Ha! I noticed that round midnight too!
    Thanks for the kind words

-Peter Bernstein

Well done, sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
    :: Jazz, Funk, Soul, Groove & Boogaloo: My group ::
    :: Listen to Hip Jazz a Go Go! ::

I only got a chance to listen to the whole thing today. Awesome. I love the subtle use of the freeze pedal at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay View Post
    Well done, sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks J. Appreciate you taking a listen and letting me know!

-Peter Bernstein

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos View Post
    I only got a chance to listen to the whole thing today. Awesome. I love the subtle use of the freeze pedal at the end.
    Oh cool, you picked up on that. Yeah I love this pedal, but it can make things sound a bit digital and fake. Trying to be really subtle with it. Keeping it quiet in the mix. Not over using it. Thanks for checking it out!

-Peter Bernstein

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed