The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 54 of 54

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    It seems like we're about ready to wake up from the dream ... Any of the remaining usual suspects planning on posting? I know Lawson said he's out. Joe-buncha-numbers? JazzDan? Anyone else in/out? Thoughts on the next tune? Looking at the poll, it seems to be a tie between Wee Small Hours and Emily. Ca m'est egal between the two, though I'm further along with one than the other in terms of a viable arrangement.

John
    i don’t speak Chinese, but I’d go with Emily. I plan on posting this week, but feel free to move on without me. Just go on, i’m beyond saving now

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

fantastic, Jeff. I listened closely for the whole half hour. That last chorus got my foot tapping

User Info Menu

I keep returning to this tune with the intent of playing with more expression. I think I’m progressing, but struggles with technique hold me back. I also need some better fills in my tool-bag. I’ve tried swing, straight time and even 5-time, but I keep coming back to latin for this tune. Maybe it’s time to put it on the shelf for a few weeks then come back to it with fresh ears.

Either of the candidates for July would be fine with me. I’m more familiar with Emily, but that doesn’t make it a preference.

Very nice!