The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Chris, I really dig everything you post/your chord melody playing style is right on...

Last edited by BFrench; 03-22-2018 at 07:26 AM.

User Info Menu

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Just beautiful. Love your style and sound!

User Info Menu

Beautiful !!!

User Info Menu

Beautifully played!!! One of my study tunes with my teacher )

Will

User Info Menu

Perfect!

You have the thinner version of the ES-125? Apparently it is as good for jazz than thicker ones?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Perfect!

You have the thinner version of the ES-125? Apparently it is as good for jazz than thicker ones?
    These recent posts from Chris are the first time I've ever heard a ES-125T. I have wondered about them over the years but dismissed them as student models, cheaper versions of the ES125, and probably somewhat inferior. Well there's nothing inferior about what I've heard here. A real eye opener. And full recognition that the guitar is in the hands of a very skilled and talented musician, but that still won't make a garbage guitar sound as good as this does.

User Info Menu

Hi Chris,

You've come up with yet another beautiful chord melody solo arrangement for all of us to enjoy!

And what a lovely song to choose. The first time I remember hearing "The Nearness Of You" was on a Sarah Vaughan recording in the early 70s and then a year or two later on a Johnny Smith album.

You play with a lot of warmth, feeling, and taste - that's an unbeatable combination.

User Info Menu

Thanks Chris. Great chord-melody arrangement with flawless execution.

Tony D.

User Info Menu

This is wonderful and flawless!

wiz (Howie)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Perfect!

Yes, it is a ES-125T (1 7/8 depth). I also have a full size ES-125, but the thinner version is more comfortable for me to play and sounds just as good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by va3ux
    These recent posts from Chris are the first time I've ever heard a ES-125T. I have wondered about them over the years but dismissed them as student models, cheaper versions of the ES125, and probably somewhat inferior. Well there's nothing inferior about what I've heard here. A real eye opener. And full recognition that the guitar is in the hands of a very skilled and talented musician, but that still won't make a garbage guitar sound as good as this does.
    I believe they were the least expensive archtop that Gibson offered at the time, and probably the least expensive vintage Gibson archtop you can find today. I took a chance on this 125T online and am really happy with it. It might be a student model, but the quality of the wood and craftsmanship is unlike any modern guitar in that price range!

User Info Menu

Chris

I bought 3 of your arrangements tonight. I didn't realize you offered them until just a couple of days ago. Really nice stuff. Keep em coming please.

Phil

User Info Menu

Very nice arrangement. I went to learn it from you post but noticed you marketed it so I bought it. I'll still most likely work it out from your performance but I wanted you to get your share.

Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps
    Very nice arrangement. I went to learn it from you post but noticed you marketed it so I bought it. I'll still most likely work it out from your performance but I wanted you to get your share.

Thanks for posting.
    Me too Gramps. I bought this arrangement as well as I really like the harmonies Chris uses in his arrangements and thought I'd try and pick up some. It's a really nice arrangement.

User Info Menu

As gorgeous as always Chris... wonderful playing... and still jealous of your hair hahaha

User Info Menu

Chris.

A nice arrangement, beautifully played. The sound of that lovely old Gibson is like velvet and sweet as honey. Just wondering what it is you use for amplification?

Loved the post. Keep lucky and take care,

John

User Info Menu

Hi John, thanks for your kind words. The amp is a princeton reverb clone that I built from a mojotone kit. It has an eminence 10" lil buddy speaker.

User Info Menu

Another beautiful song played beautifully !! Outstanding ! As someone noted...great sound and execution and arrangement...how can you beat that combo !! Thanks again for posting and making them available !