The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Is there an available arrangement of I've Got You Under My Skin around....preferably in c or g.....thanks.....Dan

A chart would help

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I haven't a chart for this soz

I just had a go at it
    I used the ideal changes .... in Eb

Really interesting how its largely
    ii V I VI over and over
    yet its really pretty
    and there feels like theres a lot of movement going on !

Anyone play this ?
    What you think of it ?

I found the chart in eb but I usually mess up the transposition from lots of flats to a sharps key. I'm giving it a go and we will see how it turns out. I'm transposing to g.....thanks....Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdan
    Is there an available arrangement of I've Got You Under My Skin around....preferably in c or g.....thanks.....Dan

A chart would help
    February 2014 - I've Got You Under My Skin
    Last edited by Vladan; 12-29-2016 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Enlarging font for easier reading.

I didn't find anything on your YouTube page that relates to my query....thanks....Dan

User Info Menu

Dan

Have you considered getting the iReal app ? It's cheap and from their forum you can download all the well known standards free. It only has the chords, but it can transpose them to any key and give a printable chart.

User Info Menu

Like this - I have transposed to G:

I've Got You Under My Skin-img_0090-jpg

User Info Menu

I didn't find anything on your YouTube page that relates to my query....thanks....Dan
    Talking to me, "jazzdan"?!

If so, and it must be so because your post is directly under mine, without any quotes that would suggest differently,
    please note, I did not tell you to go to my YT page, I gave you the link to :

February 2014 - I've Got You Under My Skin

You just did not manage to read my post good enough.
    Last edited by Vladan; 12-29-2016 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Enlarging font for easier reading.

Thanks a million for the chart.....it really helps. I've transposed the song into g but made mistakes selecting the chords. The chart is great.

I'm not very computer savy and don't even know what an app is.....very old school......thanks.....Dan

Vladan: I couldn't find any link....just the youtube blogspot....thanks....Dan

User Info Menu

Vladan: I couldn't find any link....just the youtube blogspot....thanks....Dan
    No problem, I've enlarged font in above messages, hope now you see it better?

User Info Menu

Thanks a million for the chart.....it really helps. I've transposed the song into g but made mistakes selecting the chords. The chart is great.

I'm not very computer savy and don't even know what an app is.....very old school......thanks.....Dan
    If you have a smartphone you can get it on your phone from the App Store (apple or google or something). I have it on my iPad. Here's some info:
    iReal Pro - Music Book and Play Along

For the melody check out this handy fakebook '557 jazz standards':

http://valdez.dumarsengraving.com/557JazzStandards.PDF
    Last edited by grahambop; 12-29-2016 at 02:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Dan

Have you considered getting the iReal app ? It's cheap and from their forum you can download all the well known standards free. It only has the chords, but it can transpose them to any key and give a printable chart.
    Wow ... never heard of that, it looks fascinating ....

Stumbling fingers still need love ...

User Info Menu

Man O man is that chart missing tons of stuff, big time ! The 4th meas is G#dim., 7th measure should be [Gb over G, and the E7 after it should just be G maj. 11th and 12th measures are same as 7th and 8th.; on and on....
    Hey guys, stop relying on sheet music. You need to develop your ear to hear both correct standard changes and what good subs there can be for these, if you are into jazz. There was a player I used to do big band rehearsals with (long ago in L.A. I think it was John Newsome) who wrote the charts. The Rhythm section charts were as simple as the one above, in order to let the guys add whatever blue notes they liked to along the way. But the diff was they were all correct as far as chromatics, doms.,alts, min, maj,dim/aug.,et al.. Sorry, but this chart for "IGYUMS" is just way too lacking if not downright wrong..
    Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor. I just play one on TV.....
    Last edited by MarkInLA; 02-02-2017 at 08:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Yves Keroas has a delightful solo arrangement. It's in D, but he releases his music in TablEdit format (I'm not affiliated), so you can read, play and print it with the free TEFView reader for Mac and PC, or if you or a friend has the program you can transpose it easily. Yves' stuff is here and there online.

User Info Menu

Apologies for my plaint below. Sometimes we get caught up too much in the moment and can't see the bigger picture....'grayhambob's simple chart above is merely a 'shell' and is basically correct; which when given to jazz men they can then mess with it in the way they want...Cool, M
    Last edited by MarkInLA; 02-02-2017 at 08:17 PM.