The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

I'm glad I waited for the sound - it's lovely. And one of my favourite tunes.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by campusfive
    Here's something I've been working on for a while, as some of the stretches were a bit tough to get under the fingers. "Moonglow"

I put up a transcription of the non-ad-libbed parts on my blog at Jonathan Stout and his Campus Five, featuring Hilary Alexander - Swing Guitar Blog
    Cheers.
    THIS guy has the 'circle' I was talking about on another thread. Right hand relaxed and grabbing notes out of the rhythm.

Good job, man---and you know how this tune should be presented and how to bring out a melody, calling attention to IT, not YOU,

My kind of player, actually...

User Info Menu

Jonathan,
    Thanks for posting (and reposting--I'm on a Mac w Safari and had the same problems other posted about--the vimeo version played without a glitch). Wonderful arrangement, wonderful playing. I used to do this tune in a mini-set of songs with "Moon" in the title...but never got comfortable with it. I agree with fasstrack, you nailed it. I'm gonna steal your arrangement and see if that helps me!
    -P.

User Info Menu

Loved it Jonathan! Hi 5 on that beautiful Gibson, love the tone!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images "Moonglow" - Swing-style Chord Melody-applause-gif 

User Info Menu

I put up a transcription of the non-ad-libbed parts on my blog at Jonathan Stout and his Campus Five, featuring Hilary Alexander - Swing Guitar Blog"

I went out to Swing Guitar Blog — Jonathan Stout and his Campus Five featuring Hilary Alexander ... And cannot find this anywhere!

User Info Menu

You'll need to go pretty far back. He posted that almost 6 years ago.
    Swing Guitar Blog — Jonathan Stout and his Campus Five featuring Hilary Alexander
    About 2/3 of the way down.
    "Moonglow" - Swing-style Chord Melody-3789847-27276412-thumbnail-jpg
    Last edited by sgosnell; 05-31-2022 at 10:46 PM.

User Info Menu

6 years! It's about time I came out of my cave!