The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 32

User Info Menu

Here's something I've been working on for a while, as some of the stretches were a bit tough to get under the fingers. "Moonglow"

I put up a transcription of the non-ad-libbed parts on my blog at Jonathan Stout and his Campus Five, featuring Hilary Alexander - Swing Guitar Blog
    Cheers.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Everywhere that you post this I'll say that this is amazingly beautiful.
    Love this song and this is the style of guitar playing that makes me fell very happy to listen to.

User Info Menu

Jonathon, this is a treat! Thanks. I don't know this tune well----not sure why as it's lovely----but I really enjoyed this.

User Info Menu

Thanks so much for posting the arrangement. I am going to try to slip it under my fingers on Monday when I have the day to myself. Brilliant!

User Info Menu

Thanks much Jonathon.

User Info Menu

Anyone else, please - - -

Not getting any sound. ( ?? )

So I went to YT, and other tunes play as usual.

So - I went to Campus Five page, and this vid didn't work there either, although Jonathan's L-5 demo at Norman's did.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    Anyone else, please - - -

Not getting any sound. ( ?? )

So I went to YT, and other tunes play as usual.

So - I went to Campus Five page, and this vid didn't work there either, although Jonathan's L-5 demo at Norman's did.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Yeah. Thought I was crazy. I don't guess I've tried it on the PC yet. Doesn't work on my phone, In Tapatalk or regular browser /YouTube.

User Info Menu

Love it!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Well I sat down with the sheet music to learn the piece and it appears the sound is gone. Hopefully, it's just a glitch and not a copyright problem. So bummed.

User Info Menu

Audio is ok here.

User Info Menu

Sound's fine here.

User Info Menu

No audio for me.

User Info Menu

Funny, I don't get notifications of replies in this subforum like I do in every other one. Huh?

Thanks all, and unfortunately, I have no idea why the sound won't play. Sorry.

User Info Menu

I did some digging and found out what the problem is on my end. I use a Mac and an iPhone. The video does not work on either device when I try to hear the video using Safari. That said, I was able to get it to work properly on Chrome when loaded on my Mac. Obviously, there is something up with Safari and a driver of some type. Hopefully, it will be sorted out when they do an update.

User Info Menu

Same here. I'm using Safari, no sound on this clip either here, on Jonathan's website or on YouTube. But all his other clips play fine.

Addendum: Tried it with Firefox. Still no sound.
    Last edited by monk; 10-11-2016 at 12:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Still no sound on the forum and on the Campus Five blog, and on YouTube.

Only this video. All of Jonathan's other videos work.

Using Mac with Safari, Chrome and Firefox as well as an iPad Pro and an iPad 4th Generation.
    Last edited by Plectrum; 10-11-2016 at 01:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Sounds a lot like a Van Eps arrangement. Thanks for posting.

wiz

User Info Menu

Now THAT's a complement! But to be fair, Van Eps or Reuss would have had several more levels of complication and variation. Those guys knew how to fill the space between melody notes.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's some technical error with youtube, and it's out of my hands. I'll see if I can upload to Vimeo as well.

User Info Menu

Ok, here it is on vimeo (PS, it's still converting, but I'm sure it'll work in a minute or two):

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by campusfive
    Ok, here it is on vimeo (PS, it's still converting, but I'm sure it'll work in a minute or two):<br>
    <a href="https://vimeo.com/186495334" target="_blank">https://vimeo.com/186495334</a>
    <br>
    <br>
    Thank you, Jonathan. Superb version too.

User Info Menu

Hey Jonathan,

I've always loved "Moonglow". My mom had it playing sometimes on the record player when I was a little kid. You have a really nice vibe going on in your rendition that made me smile!

User Info Menu

I love your style! You are one old-fashioned hipster... and I mean that in the best way.

Your playing is so upbeat and happy, and that L5 is a MONSTER!!! WoW...

I am going to try to learn this now, but it sure looks like a knuckle-buster!

User Info Menu

Thanks for re-uploading this, Jonathan. Well done! You never disappoint.

User Info Menu

… I'm dialing-in the rhythm part thanks to the very nice PDF…
    BTW… Thanks for uploading the VIMEO … now..how do I steal that killer solo?
    You are my new hero!
    Papawooly

User Info Menu

Me neither - no sound...