The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

Last edited by Chris Whiteman; 05-19-2016 at 01:20 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

great job on a great tune.

User Info Menu

thank you!

Really nice and well done, Chris. Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

Great job! Thank you for sharing!

Cliff

User Info Menu

I agree. Great job on a great tune.

User Info Menu

Thank you Mark

User Info Menu

Just lovely. I like your improvisational chorus. Beautiful. And wonderful tone from your guitar as well.

User Info Menu

Well done! Beautiful tone and really nice chord selections. Thank you for sharing.

wiz

User Info Menu

Lovely stuff

User Info Menu

Lovely.

Sp

User Info Menu

Very nice.

User Info Menu

great musicality !
    great sensitivity!
    great technique!
    bravo!

HB

User Info Menu

Smooth, keeping it simple, yet so full
    You don´t stand in the way for the song,
    and thats a good skill for a jazz player

User Info Menu

Thank you so much!

User Info Menu

Beautiful playing, Chris! I also checked out your blues style which was tasty and just fine!

Could you tell us a bit about your journey and what inspires you? I am also very impressed by the tones you coax out of your Ibanez guitar and that Victoria amp. Any thoughts about the gear and the journey?

User Info Menu

Hi Jay,

I've been playing guitar for 29 years and chord-melody has been the most challenging stuff for me. For me it's a study in applied harmony and I learn something new with each tune I work on. I try and listen to many versions of a tune before I pick up the guitar, and that process usually generates some inspiration (and intimidation).

I really love small wattage tube amps for playing jazz. The Victoria Ivy League is a copy of a Fender Harvard, which was made from 1955-61. It's basically a Tweed Vibrolux without tremolo. I could go on and on about amps (I build tube amps as a hobby). The Ibanez has sounded good with every amp I've tried, so that's a big part of the sound.

Chris

User Info Menu

You also sound really good playing the blues, Chris! And I loved the tone from your Ibanez through your fingers and your amp.

I suspect the Ibanez you play has excellent "playability" and feel, but it is not a model with which I am familiar. Is it an older guitar or relatively new? Of course, I will check it out on the Ibanez site, but what great tone. I know that a large part of that is due to your touch.

User Info Menu

That's really lovely. I plan to watch more of your vids. Please keep posting links here.

User Info Menu

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Tasteful, musical, and in keeping with the song. Very well done.