The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 30

User Info Menu

If people are interested, I have some Guitar Pro files of solo guitar music I could share with people. I just need to know if people use Guitar Pro. No point sharing them if they don't. I can share them as PDFs if people would prefer.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi TheVinking,

nice to propose, what are those CM you talk about ? Did you create them ? Do they use some "hip" voicings ?

Anyway I use Guitar Pro sometimes so why not ?

Thanks
    Guelda

User Info Menu

Yes I use it. It took me a while to get the hang of it but I think it's a very good programme.

User Info Menu

I also use GuitarPro.

PDF is kind of the standard around here... take a look at the CM section of this forum.

And it's so easy to export as pdf in guitarpro. So I'd say share them in PDF as everyone can see them that way.

User Info Menu

I also use it.

Bill

User Info Menu

....but here I just wanted to inform that the free alternative to Microsoft Word.....Open Office by Sun......exports a pdf document. Might be worth checking out.

Just for fun, I attach my very first GP composition. In fact my first composition ever. I was so enthralled at the time that I couldn't sleep, and was going to work looking like a zombie. But I didn't care....there was magic in the air!

I did this on a computer with a 166MHz processor, and a bit of RAM borrowed from a dirty sock in the washing basket!

Halcyon days!

PS...just remembered...it was done on the demo with a 24-bar save limit, so I had to learn how to use notation repeat signs to make it longer. Guitar Pro is an excellent programme. If only it could drag itself away from using only basic computer midi...............I mean, the technology is there these days. And maybe live audio input? Of course, though, it is after all advertised only as a tab editor.....It was the first program I found that I could do anything with, creatively.
    Last edited by wordsmith; 06-22-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add more

User Info Menu

meine Güte´...

User Info Menu

Just downloaded GP5 and would certainly be interested in getting some files to play with.

User Info Menu

Try 911Tabs. They don't have a lot of jazz stuff but they have some Burrell, Scofield, Larry Carlton. It's just a matter of searching every name you can think of. I think there's some Pass, too.

Kenny Burrell Tabs: 25 Tabs Total @ 911Tabs - Tabs Search Engine

There's also some good standards by Martin Taylor and a lot of Metheny
    Last edited by Banksia; 06-23-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: add info

User Info Menu

What is guitar pro?

User Info Menu

It is a guitar tablature writing/editing and playback software. If you go to the link I gave above you will find at 911tabs thousands of songs available in this format. The music can be entered as Standard Notation (auto-generating guitar tab on antoher parallel staff) or vice-versa. Because jazz people have traditionally been taught standard notation, it isn't such big news, but in Rock or Metal, it's the standard way to get sheet music.

Guitar Pro - Tablature Editor Software for Guitar, Bass, and Banjo

User Info Menu

Well the nice thing about GP files is they have midi. Hearing the tune helps me alot

User Info Menu

im definately interested if you wish to pass on some gp tunes! I have guitar pro.
    Iv just found how useful midi files are at acousticfingerstyle.com they have midi files beside every transcription helping me realise i need to make the connection between the familliar tunes i know and put a name to them, i don't know many standards but i know what alot sound like!
    (hope that makes sense)

User Info Menu

Just got guitar pro, looks great! Where are these jazz files? Mark

User Info Menu

.....check your emails, registered users! The GP people are offering to put you into a draw if you fill in a questionnaire..........the prize being a guitar (can't remember which, sorry, but 'Fender' springs to mind!).

Offer ends very soon, that much I do remember....a couple of days or so.

User Info Menu

I love Guitar Pro, but can't justify the cost so as an alternative I use Tux Guitar which can read/write most of the same file types. Please do post any Guitar Pro tab you have or links to said Guitar Pro files. Thanks!

User Info Menu

I love Guitar Pro! PDFs might do for you old pros, but being able to highlight a few bars and hear it over and over helps me tremendously. Not to mention that you can mute the melody and play along with the changes... or vice versa.

Until I improve enough to justify Band In A Box, Guitar Pro is where it's at.

Speaking of which... Does anyone know where I could get a guitar pro version of "Christmas Time Is Here" by Vince Guaraldi?

User Info Menu

Yeap, I use it too!

Nice call on Tux Guitar, it seems a little easier to me than Guitar Pro, plus the free part helps alot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by moezombie
    Nice call on Tux Guitar, it seems a little easier to me than Guitar Pro, plus the free part helps alot.
    yw

User Info Menu

I missed this one but if Im not too late count me in Cheers

User Info Menu

i have guitar pro also, but either that or pdf is fine

User Info Menu

I use gutiar pro and I think it's a great tool...

User Info Menu

I also use GP 5.0 and love it. Specially the midi output for rehearsing.

Please count me in!

julian

User Info Menu

Yes, I use GuitarPro. Great App. Where are you posting the files?

thanks,
    marc

Oh, check out my post (and files) to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", under Chord Melodies.
    Last edited by GtrMack; 02-13-2010 at 11:17 AM.